I cannot use the WP-smush plugin, it opens a blank page

I am using the WP smush plugin to try and get my data usage less to smush the pictures, because this site is an online store which needs these pictures. Because of having over 10 000 images, I decided not to import more products on this site until the smush is over and taking so long to smush the pictures. There is actually one thing that bothers me, there are many pictures that could not be smushed because they are not according the specs which can be done. How do I know which of these pictures are not done, so that I could change these pictures?

Lastly, for a few days now, I cannot use the WP-smush plugin, because when I click on the WP-smush plugin's settings, it opens a blank page, and I can refresh that page the whole day it stays blank. I even deactivated the plugin and activated again, but still no success. I made a small video to show you what it does.

Could you please assist me with this issue?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Deon,

When it skips an image it should show it on the Bulk Smushing page until the you refresh. If you try Bulk Smushing again then it should give you the error again and mention which image it is.

As for the blank page, that sounds like a plugin conflict or js error, can you send in your FTP so we can investigate further?

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

**If you grant support access then no need to send in wp-admin

Also, I do see you sent a file in your email, but it doesn't have any file extension to can't be played. Would you be able to re-send it along with the above information and make sure it has the correct file extension? Then I'll take a look :slight_smile:

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Deon

Hi Tyler,

Thank you for your reply, I do appreciate.

Because of time so valuable for me, and could not wait any longer, I deleted the WP-smush plugin and re-installed it again. I thought by doing that I will save some time so that I could finally start importing more products to my store so that I could get it live on the internet, but unfortunatetly, the plugin started all over again, and now I'm back to square one again, and have another week than I thought, because before this issue happened, it smushed over 7000 images, nearly finished of the 10000. That's OK, at least it's working again.

Regards
    Deon

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.