I cant adjust the end time of my appointments in A+

Hi I dont have the option in my A+ backend to enable me to adjust the end time of an appointment.

All i need is for the same drop down list that the start time uses to be available for the end time so i can adjust appointment end times as required.

• Grant

Hi Jack, thanks for your reply. Could you talk me through this?

To give you a quick idea of my needs. Im using the plugin as an appointment booking system for mobile cycle repairs. Normally a repair lasts roughly one hour (as i have set in the service settings) but every so often i become aware of a repair that will need longer and as such need to extend the time for that appointment. If there is a way of doing that then thats perfect.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Grant,

Hope you're well today, sorry about the delay here.

I've been looking into this for you and my original day would only really be suitable for manual bookings where the end time wasn't changed.

But we have a couple of possibilities, you could manually change the end time in the wp_app_appointments table in your database, where wp is your database prefix.

Alternatively, we could automatically block off an additional amount of time before the next appointment could be booked, but this would cover all appointments, so we could have say a 15 minute, or 30 minute of free time before the next hour appointment on each one.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• pxwm

Hi @Jack Kitterhing - I hope you don't mind me chiming in as I've had a thought that may work

Hi @Grant,

If I've understood your requirements correctly you may wish to consider the following based on a few assumptions that I will detail below:-

This will only work if:

>You have access to the A+ Admin panel to amend the appointment
    >The Time slots are set to say 15 min slots

If you created a new service say called 'Extended cycle repair' and set the duration to 75mins (60mins for original repair time + 15mins extended) but didn't assign it to a Service Provider.
    Not assigning to a Service Provider will ensure that only you have access tot the Service via the Appointments Admin dashboard

Then to test make a dummy Cycle Repair appointment
    Then login to your Wordpress dashboard as Admin
    Then select 'Appointment'
    Then locate the dummy appointment and select edit
    Then click on the 'Service' dropdown and select the 'Extended cycle repair' and then make sure you click the 'Save/Update' button.
    Then check the Booking via the front end and it should have extended the duration from 60mins to 75mins.

If you wanted the extension to be longer then you could create a few dummy Services called - 'Extended cycle repair - 15mins' and 'Extended cycle repair - 30mins' setting the duration to 75mins and 90mins respectively.

However please be aware that revising the Appointment booking via the A+ Appointment dashboard allows you to double book or overlap bookings so suggest before amending the Booking you check the time slot availability via the front end.

I hope this helps
    Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.