I can't figure out how to do anything. I paid for

I can't figure out how to do anything. I paid for a subscription. I want to download a template. I click download and nothing happens. I try to download your dashboard and a folder downloads with files in it.

I am clicking on live help, and nothing happens…

Is your site not compatible with MAC users?

Please advise.

Thank you.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jodi,

The .zip file that downloads when you download the dashboard is a plugin and you can upload it to your wordpress from Plugins > Add New > Upload

Once you have that uploaded and activated it will prompt you to login to your WPMU Dev account. Once logged in you will have access to download/install all the plugins/themes from within your WordPress dashboard - makes it super easy to update them too!

So, first thing you should do is install and activate that dashboard plugin :slight_smile: then you should be good to go!

Cheers

• Vaughan

Hi @jodi,

As you're on a mac, it looks like your browser is automatically unzipping them.

You can change that in the safari settings (i'm not a mac user so i don't know the exact setting) but the setting is there. Alternatively, you should be able to click it and save as or open as?

The dashboard plugin has to be installed manually. You can upload the wpmudev-updater folder to your sites wp-content/plugins folder using FTP.

Or if you download it as a zip, you can use the plugins uploader in wordpress dashboard > plugins > add new > upload.

Once you have the dashboard plugin installed, the plugins will download automatically and install to your wordpress site.

Hope this helps

• aristath

Can you please let me know if I can download a theme without having to download it from your pre-installed dashboard? I would like to have that ability.

Yes, you can download a zip file directly.
    Just click on the "No thanks, just download directly" button below the "Install" button(see attached screenshot).
    Live support works fine for everyone... including other OSX users! Are you sure the chat was active when you tried accessing it? Live chat sessions are only clickable when it's their time and they're active.

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.