I can't figure out how to get a Featured image for my Home Page

I am starting to feel very comfortable using the Upfront Builder. One thing I cannot figure out is how to make an image the featured image for the homepage that will appear when the page is posted to Facebook.

Can you help me learn how to assign one of the images as the featured image on the Homepage?

Thanks Ann Becker

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Ann,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'd like to make sure first that we're on the same side :slight_smile: What you wish to achieve is that when you post a link to your homepage on Facebook an image of your choice (instead of some picked up by FB), is that right?

Facebook is using Open Graph tags for this and if it doesn't find a proper tag (pointing to an image) it takes one from available images on site. In order to make it pick up the one you want it to, you'd need to add "og:image" tag to the homepage and that can be achieved using our SmartCrawl plugin that helps you optimize/boost site in terms of SEO.

You'll find the plugin here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/smartcrawl-wordpress-seo/

Once it's enabled go to the "SmartCrawl -> Title & Meta -> Homepage" page and you'll find an "OpenGraph" section there where you can set your image(s).

If you have any additional questions, let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam