I Can't Get The Calendar To Work

After going through all the settings and setting up the plugin as the steps guided me, the page does not work. Personally, I don't get why each piece of this scheduler needs a shortcode...it should just be one shortcode.

http://sands.d.applicationx.net/?page_id=1309

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Application X, hope you're doing well today, and welcome to WPMU DEV! :slight_smile:

First off, have you made sure that a conflict isn't taking place by going through our handy basic troubleshooting flowchart?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

It seems like the JavaScript code for Appointments+ is being messed with, but we'll need to nail down what's causing this to occur.

Oh, and as to why there's multiple shortcodes, not everyone needs all of the shortcodes present inside of Appointments+. For example, some only want users to choose a service provider, and some only want to have users choose a service.

Not to mention, given all of the options that come with each shortcode, to try to fit all of them into a single shortcode would result in some users having to type out one really long shortcode in order to set the options desired.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance here please! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Michael

• Application X

Hey Michael, this is a disappointing response - why should the plugin not be prepared for these jQuery collisions? And why can I not disable the plugin's jQuery load if my theme or other plugins already provide it?

It's the Envision theme from ThemeForest. Very robust theme with many purchases. I'd expect a development community as involved as wpmudev would anticipate these suggestions and proactively devise solutions. So far, I've had to purchase another calendar scheduling plugin from CodeCanyon - Bookly.

Please advise as to what I should do.

Thanks.

Appx

• Ash

Hello @Application X

I hope you are well today.

why should the plugin not be prepared for these jQuery collisions? And why can I not disable the plugin's jQuery load if my theme or other plugins already provide it?

Of course the plugin is prepared for jQuery collisions. But we can't control other plugins.

jQuery is a javascript framework, and javascript works in such way it can conflict with other js script. So, if any plugin includes any script (not core jquery) that conflict with another plugin script, there is nothing to do :slight_frown:

You don't need to disable plugins jquery load, as the plugin doesn't load jquery at first attempt. It checkes first if jquery is already loaded, if not loaded only then it loads the jquery that comes with the core wordpress. This has been done using standard wp_enqueue_script method.

I just checked your site and yes, it seems a conflict. Just not sure if it is a conflict with your theme or any other plugin. Would you please run a conflict test that Mike suggested using the flowchart https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/ so that we can nail it down?

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.