I can't get the import tool to work. I have all

I can't get the import tool to work. I have all of the members in a .csv file and try to upload. The tool doesn't recognize the file when I try to view the uploaded data. What am I doing wrong?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Ann,

I hope you're well today and don't mind me jumping into this conversation.

Our Membership 2 Pro plugin is a plugin for running a membership/subscription based sites. It's a relatively new release and its predecessor was our Membership Premium plugin. The "Import tool" built into the Membership 2 Pro is designed to import members data of members that where "handled"/created by either Membership Premium or a Membership 2 Pro plugin. It's an "internal" tool, included in Membership 2 Pro to make transition from previous version of a plugin easier.

As far as I'm aware there's no declaration anywhere that this tool may be used to import users/members from external, 3rd-party plugins into custom fields. The only place it can import to is to a plugin itself.

That being said, if you have a CSV file created by another membership-type plugin it may be possible to convert it to a format compatible with Membership 2 Pro. This would let you import members data to be used with our plugin. However, I'd need to take a look at the file first to examine it, confirm if I'm right at all and if so - then find a way to do this. I'm sure though that it won't import anything into the custom fields created by Content Mojo. I agree with @Predrag Dubajic that Ultimate CSV Importer may be of help here.

I hope that this makes it a bit clearer and if you need our further assistance or have any further questions, I'll be glad to help you.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.