I can't get the register now or sign up to show up on my groups.

I can't get the register now or sign up to show up on my groups. I tried going about it another way and installed the Easy Paypal Payment or Donation Accept Plugin and it shows up on my page, but I have no idea if that plugin will be controlled and only allow access to certain groups or if it allows access to all of my groups and I can't find information about it in the docs.
I noticed that there was a solution to this problem seemingly in help forums and tried disabling all the other plugins, within exception of membership and the problem still persisted.
I'm just not sure if I should stick with what I have and if that solution works the same way and only allows access on a per group basis or if there is a solution to the original paypal payment gateway located within the membership plugin?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Linda

I hope you had a great weekend!

Can you please elaborate on the issue?

Are you trying to allow new users to register to your site, but only have access to specific BuddyPress Groups?

Or are you trying to allow them to register to BuddyPress Groups?

The first option can be achieved by using the BuddyPress Groups rule in any access level to grant/restrict access to selected groups (screenshot).

However, the 2nd option is simply not possible with Membership, or WordPress for that matter. A user cannot register to only a BuddyPress group. They either register to your site, or not at all.

So yes, you can restrict access to whatever you want on your site with Membership rules in access levels. Then add those access levels to subscriptions that your users register on.

• Linda
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Patrick. Sorry about that. I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't let me respond. It was because I wasn't logged in. I thought being logged into my dashboard meant I would be logged in here.

Ok here's the dealio.

Membership and its payment gateways:
    I installed membeship and chose the papypal payments gateway, but nothing is appearing on my groups page which will enable someone to sign up for my groups.

Easy Paypal Payment or Donation Accept Plugin:
    I did some research and found this plugin, which I installed hoping it would be a good substitue, but cannot tell if the plugin will only allow access to my individual groups as it shows up on all of my pages in the sidebar.

I would prefer to use the membership plugin if possible, but can't get the sign up or register now button to appear on my groups page or any other pages for groups specifically.

Can you help?

• Linda
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Please see the picture I've provided as to what one of my group pages looks like.

Note that there's a jumbled up area for some reason and that I can't get that to go away, nor can I get the log in or sign up or register button to appear within the group

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Linda

Not sure if I understand it well, why do you want to show register button in the group? There is nothing to do with register for a BP group.

Currently, I can see your register page is here: http://allaroundthewoodlands.com/register-5/ and it seems you are using BP registration form. To use membership registration form, you need to disable it and select register page for membership. Well, you need to select all pages from Membership > Options > Membership Pages.

We have a handy tutorial for membership, you may want to take a look: PDF: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Membership-Manual3450.pdf
    Video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLV1BcivFAIdtF4p7CYVfMbVAJ4JQ1Rpe9

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.