i cant install plugins

Installation of WP Smush Pro failed. Most likely reason for this are wrong folder permissions of your wp-contents folder.

http://prntscr.com/dwrfgk

• Rupok

Hi cinmaland,

So sorry for the inconvenience you are having. I just installed and activated WP Smush Pro on my test site and it was installed without any issue. So I think, this is your site specific issue.

As the error is saying, can you please check your server file and folder permissions? According to WordPress Codex, all directories should have 755 or 750 and all files should have 644 or 640. Can you please confirm all your files and directories on your server have these permissions? Please let us know if you are still having this issue after changing your file and directory permissions to suggested permissions.

In that case, just to make sure no other plugin is causing this, can you please do a plugin conflict test? To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this guide: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Please let us know the result of your plugin conflict test.

If nothing above resolves your issue, can you please turn on debug mode in WordPress and then try to install it again? To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

Past errors here. If file is very long, paste them to a text file and attach with your reply.

Please let us know how these go. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.