I cant login..

I was editing normally. and suddenly this appeared… What did i do??

The Signup Code plugin is only compatible with WordPress Multisite.

• Joshua
    • Chief of Keepin' it Fresh Div.

Do you have a link to look at? Are you working on a MultiSite or a regular install? It would appear you are using a plugin on a WordPress site that is only meant to work on a MultiSite.

I think a link or some other information maybe needed to really check into this. I hope this helps. Cheers!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings belly,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and indeed it appears that the WordPress installation and plugin are miss matched and you will need to remove the Signup Code plugin manually from your installation which the easiest is using FTP.

Then once deleted you should be able to gain control of the installation once again.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers, Joe

• belly
    • Flash Drive

Hey again…

I realised i had delete two wrong files.

the .htaccess and one called signup from the public.html

Then i realise u told me about the one on plugins.. and then i could login..

Now… i was trying to enable multisite and i rembered i had delatedthe htaccess

• Joshua
    • Chief of Keepin' it Fresh Div.

Hey @belly! Sorry you did not receive a response on this any earlier. Do you know if your host provides an automatic daily backup of your wp files? If you are unsure you can contact your host and they can walk you through a restore of your files from before the mess. However, If you have made a bunch of changes to your site since deleting those files you will have to redo any lost work. If restoring from a backup does not sound like a good option, you may want to wait and see if someone has a better suggestion for restoring just those 2 files.

If you do not have a backup solution in place (especially important when you are making changes) you may want to look at this post made on wpmu.org: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/free-wordpress-backup-plugins/

As mentioned earlier, you can also contact your host about backups so that when you encounter edit and deletion problems you can quickly restore and be back up and running in no time.

I hope this helps. Cheers!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings belly,

Thank you for letting us know and sorry to see that you were struggling with you installation.

With a MultiSite you just simply recreate the htaccess file but I have attached one empty because in the event you are on a windows computer it has a hard time creating “.” something files.

The one below is blank and the applicable files for MultiSite are put inside as instructed while configuring your multisite.

The wp-signup.php file can be found on an uncompressed version of your WordPress files and simply FTD’ed into place. i.e. FTP wp-signup.php back into the root of your WordPress installation.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.