I cant make this work, can you please help me? I can give

Hi, I cant make this work, can you please help me? I can give you private data.

thanks

ps: just bought the plugin

• Kiwii
    • New Recruit

Thanks mate.

I did all what the manual said.

Site its on a vps, nos dedicated. I already configured once a site wit the other domain mapping, but with this one I couldnt.

I trust on your reputation, I dont have a problem giving you my data.

Thanks

• HamRadioDude
    • HummingBird

OK in cpanel you need to configure the account that you want the site to be mapped on with a dedicated IP address. you probably were given extra IPs with your VPS no?

then in your register you need to point the domain to that IP with an A record.

I would do it but you did pay for a membership here and I don’t want to take any ones job away.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello @kiwii

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

First of all, Welcome to WPMU DEV.

Did you follow the instructions here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/#usage

They are pretty clear and well written and just need to be followed exactly and you will get the plugin working in no time.

We can guide you in the process but can not login and set things up for you as that comes under custom work. If you want someone to do that for you, you can post a job on the Job Board

But installing Domain mapping is not a hard thing to do. So we will try to fix it together.

So, please advise if you have followed the steps on the usage page and provide me screenshots on how you have set things up so that I can assist you accordingly.

Cheers

PC

Sales &Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

The settings from screenshot look fine. I need to have a closer look and see what is going on there.

Can you please send me your login details via our secure contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select “I have a different question” from the list.

5: Also include the domain control panel/cpanel details. So that I can have a look at the DNS settings.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers

PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately that did not help much as I don’t have the super admin details and the domain login control panel details.

I am gonna need that so that I can make some DNS changes and get it to work.

Can you please send them over as a reply to the email I just sent.

Cheers

PC

Sales &Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Sorry for the delay here as our support team was away for the NYC meetup on the weekend.

Have you set up your server to accept a wildcard domain, or added the domain as a parked domain pointing to your main wordpress install?

Just make sure you add the domain to your hosting account and park it there.

Please advise if that helps.

Cheers

PC

Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.