I can't see the archive of all the backups

Please,
I have set the backup twice daily, but i think this don't work, in the admin i can't see the files and also in the directory (ftp)

I have set all the directory writable (0755), i can see only this error in snapshot setting:
Error Reporting 4983 - E_ERROR, E_WARNING

I have a multisite, with domain mapping, if I set the backup for the installation site, the backup contain also the others website files?

Thank you

• Andrea

Dear Aristath,
    thank you.

The following table shows version information about your server. When contacting support it might be helpful to provide this information along with your specific issues.

WordPress Version 3.8.1
    PHP Version 5.3.28
    MySQL Version 5.5.32
    Is Multisite Yes, Number of Sites: 5
    WP_CRON Snapshot uses WP_CRON to run automated backups. If you have disabled WP_CRON via your wp-config.php you will not be able to schedule snapshots.
    WP_CRON Enabled.
    WP_CRON Lock timeout: 60
    Folder Permissions Writable (0755) – /wp-content/uploads/snapshots
    Writable (0755) – /wp-content/uploads/snapshots/_backup
    Writable (0755) – /wp-content/uploads/snapshots/_locks
    Writable (0755) – /wp-content/uploads/snapshots/_logs
    Writable (0755) – /wp-content/uploads/snapshots/_restore
    OpenSSL The OpenSSL Apache module is require to make secure connections with destinations like Dropbox and Amazon AWS.
    OpenSSL installed
    cURL cURL is used when connecting to remote destinations like Dropbox and Amazon AWS.
    cURL installed
    Version: 7.30.0
    SSL Version: OpenSSL/0.9.8b
    Libz Version: 1.2.3
    Protocols: dict, file, ftp, ftps, gopher, http, https, imap, imaps, ldap, ldaps, pop3, pop3s, rtsp, smtp, smtps, telnet, tftp
    PHP runtime information
    Display Errors 1
    Error Reporting 4983 - E_ERROR, E_WARNING
    Magic Quotes Off
    Max Execution Time (seconds) 45 The value displayed can be adjusted by Snapshot PHP scripts.
    Memory Limit 64M - WP_MEMORY_LIMIT defined by WordPress wp-config.php.
    256M - WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT defined automatically by WordPress
    Open Basedir Off
    Safe Mode Off
    ZLib Compression Off

• Paul

@Andrea,

I have set the backup twice daily, but i think this don't work, in the admin i can't see the files and also in the directory (ftp)

Greetings. I'm not sure I follow your initial post. Are you saying you are using the FTP option within Snapshot to send the archives to a remote destination? But you don't see them?

Please go to Snapshots > All Snapshots listing. Check the last column showing the Archives. You should see a link to view the log output from the archive process. This will also show the details of the FTP push to the remote FTP server.

• Paul

@Andrea,

yes I have the ftp option and I can't see the archives files.

Ok. Still not sure what you are not seeing. Snapshot does not show you the files on the remote FTP destination. You need to use your own client for that.

In my last reply I asked you to please provide screenshots. I'm trying to determine of the snapshot process finished first before investigating the FTP issue.

While I wait for the update of the plugin, what do you advise me to backup all sites?

Not sure I follow this question. Update to the plugin? There are no updates to the plugin at this time related to your reported issue. I'm actually still trying to determine the exact issue. Please provide more information per my previous request. Thanks.

• Paul

@Andrea,

More details of what I'm trying to determine with your reported issue. When Snapshot goes to process an archive it does this in two steps.

1. The first steps is the local archive generation. This is ALWAYS does first.

2. Send to remote destination. Once the local archive is created there is a secondary process initiated to push the archive to the remote destination. Depending on your settings this may work or it may fail. In either case (fail/success) the information is written to a log file on your local server. This is what I'm trying to point you towards.

Please see the attached image. There are three arrows on the image I want to explain.

1. Click this and it will show a listing of all archive for this specific snapshot configuration.

2. Click this to show a popup window showing the details of the last archive. This is the information I was trying to get you to provide in the previous requests. I'm trying to determine if the archive was created success and if the send to your FTP was successful.

3. You can download the log by clicking this links.

• Paul

@Andrea,

Can I have this problem because the front end are not visible?

Should to be the issue. Snapshot runs within the wp-admin area and for the initial backup does not need the front-end.

It might be easier to diagnose if I see this issue directly. Can you provide wp-admin access as well as FTP? If so please use the contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ on the drop down select "I have a different problem" Then in the message body reference this thread URL and my name. I would like to get this resolved for you today if possible.

• Paul

@Andrea,

Ok. Thanks for the details. I was able to login and manually run the snapshot with the three tables. But for some reason your site is not letting the scheduled snapshots run.

When you set snapshot to run on a schedule it registers a function to be called by the WordPress WP_Cron system. So the problem here is the WP_Cron system is not being executed to in turn call the snapshot function.

The WP_Cron requires from-end processing to start things. I'm wondering if as you mentioned the front-end is not visible.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.