I can't see the content that the short codes are meant to display

As you know, Membership 2 Pro self loads a number of convenient pages, such as a "membership page" that lists different types of membership and allows you to find a signup form and sign on.

I can see that the short codes are listed in the page editor. But the forms that the short codes represent do not show up when I view the page. It seems like none of my short codes are working.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @cpd62,

Welcome to the WPMU Dev community and thanks for posting on the forum.

I have tested it on my test site using latest version of Membership 2 Pro plugin and found the pages are working fine without any issue.

Please make sure you are using the following shortcodes in the Memberships and Register pages respectively.

[ms-note type="info"]We have the following subscriptions available for our site. You can renew, cancel or upgrade your subscriptions by using the forms below.[/ms-note]
    [ms-membership-signup]
    [ms-note type="info"]You can subscribe to any of the following listed memberships.[/ms-note]
    [ms-membership-signup]

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some troubleshooting? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• cpd62

Thank you Vinood. I have granted access to my site. I definitely need help configuring the Membership plugin.

I don't see any of the forms that the short codes provide. I just see the codes. It could be my own inexperience but it still seems to be a problem.

I essentially want to have at least 2 membership levels, a free level and a paid level. I have them listed. But I'm not able to make much more progress.

I also want to be able to "verify" new member requests for the free or paid, prior to final approval and activation. I'm not clear on how to do that.

If you could help me with these problems then it would get me a long way toward reaching my goals with this site.

Christian

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Christian!

I've visited your site and I find out that the registration on your site is entirely disabled at the moment. This will of course prevent anyone from registering regardless whether the Membership 2 is active or not.

Turning registration on will bring registration form back. To do this please go to your dashboard's

"Settings" -> "General" page

and check the "Anyone can register" check box next to the "Membership" option.

This will however bring back the BuddyPress registration form which does work with Membership 2 plugin but "takes over". I can see that your site is built mostly around BuddyPress (at least, your BuddyPress setup is pretty complex) so the question is: would you like to stick to BuddyPress registration form or switch to Membership 2 registration form?

In both cases you'll be able to make full use of Membership features, however the way of setting this up is a bit different. Please advise!

Cheers,
    Adam

• cpd62

Thanks. I just enabled the membership signup. You're right, my site is built around buddy press.

I'm not sure whether to choose the buddy press registration process of Membership 2. I'm really a novice at web development. This is my 2nd ever website and I'm completely self taught (mostly taught by tutorials and asking experts such as yourself).

I'm interested in your opinion on the pluses and minuses of each system. I really want to keep things streamlined and simple.
    Thanks,
    Christian

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Christian,

Thank you for your patience here.

I logged in to your site and confirmed that some shortcodes are working fine like ms-note but some not like ms-membership-signup

I troubleshooted on your site by temporary using default Twenty Fifteen theme and deactivating all plugins and found all the shortcodes started working fine.

Then i reactivated your theme but still the shortcodes were working fine as shown in the attached screenshot so it's not the theme conflict issue so then i reactivated all disabled plugins and the shortcodes stopped working so this is indeed plugin conflict issue on your site.

So now we have to find out which plugin is conflicting so we can troubleshoot the bottle neck of issue and resolve the issue.

I could confirm that it's not the cache or buddypress plugin issue that you are using on your site.

Could you please try temporary deactivating all other plugins and activating them one by one as displayed in the following flowchart to know which plugin is conflicting?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.