I can't see the editor under appearance on my wpmu dev?

Hello Admin, Here's my concerns:
1. I am having a hard time how to removed such "powered by wordpress"
on the footer side. because base on the instructions given is look for "Appearance >> then Editor... but the problem is since i installed the wpmu dev dashboard and ultimate branding i can't see already the EDITOR under APPEARANCE???

Is there anyone who can possibly assist me with this matter? coz i am really having a hard time on this removing "powered by wordpress".

And also...
2. The Lockdown WP still appear on the user admin which is i don't want my users to see such kind of that Lockdown WP.

3. And also my user has the capacity to create users which i don't want to permit them to happen... is there any way to disable that to all my members?

Please help me to resolve this matter. And i want my account to be fully white-label. Thanks.

• Tyler Postle

Hey there Gio,

Hope you're doing well today!

1. I am having a hard time how to removed such "powered by wordpress"
    on the footer side. because base on the instructions given is look for "Appearance >> then Editor... but the problem is since i installed the wpmu dev dashboard and ultimate branding i can't see already the EDITOR under APPEARANCE???

The appearance editor is actually disabled in Multisite by default. This is because themes are shared network wide so any changes made to a theme file will be changed in all sites.

Best way to remove the "powered by wordpress" will be to use FTP or your cPanel file manager and open the footer.php of the theme that it's showing in then remove it :slight_smile: it would be best to create a child theme and place the footer.php in there, that way when your theme is updated it won't overwrite your edit.

2. The Lockdown WP still appear on the user admin which is i don't want my users to see such kind of that Lockdown WP.

What do you mean by Lockdown WP still appears in the user admin? Is this a plugin that you don't want your subsite admin users to see? If you want to remove an admin menu item then you could always use this plugin here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/admin-menu-editor/

3. And also my user has the capacity to create users which i don't want to permit them to happen... is there any way to disable that to all my members?

To remove this capability from your subsite admin users you will need to install this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-role-editor/

Network activate it then go to network admin > Settings > User Role Editor and "Show Administrator role at user Role Editor"

Now navigate to: Users > User Role Editor on your main site.

Now select the "Administrator" role from the dropdown and de-select create_users, delete_users, edit_users. Now they won't be able to do anything with the users :slight_smile:

Hope this helps Gio! Let us know if you still need any further assistance.

All the best,
    Tyler