I created a custom status; how can autoblog support it?

Hey there, I’ve created a custom status and I need autoblog to support it. How can I achieve this?

• thorstone137
    • New Recruit

Sorry, I should have been more clear. When using Autoblog there are 3 default statuses to chose from (Publish, Draft, Pending Review). I’m using edit flow and it creates additional statuses. How can I mod Autoblog to support those statuses.

• thorstone137
    • New Recruit

No worries! I got it. :slight_smile:

1. I copied this at line 693 of the autobog/autoblogincludes/classes/autoblogadmin.php

echo "<option value='draft'"; echo $table['poststatus'] == 'draft' ? " selected='selected'" : ""; echo ">" . __('Draft','autoblogtext') . "</option>";

2. then swapped out the ‘draft’ for ‘research’ and pasted this after the previous

echo "<option value='research'"; echo $table['poststatus'] == 'research' ? " selected='selected'" : ""; echo ">" . __('Research','autoblogtext') . "</option>";

3. then the same at line 1133

copied

echo "<option value='draft'>" . __('Draft', 'autoblogtext') . "</option>";

4. then swapped out the ‘draft’ for ‘research’ and pasted this after the previous

echo "<option value='research'>" . __('Research', 'autoblogtext') . "</option>";

Works like a champ!

Although Edit flow’s dashboard widget doesn’t acknowledge when “research” status posts are added to a post type other than “Post”.. Like I have 30 ‘research’ status posts autoblog-ged to the research post type. The dashboard widget shows 30 posts set as research, but when I click ‘research’ (there to navigate you to a backend posts list) it sends me to the default posts page where none of my research actually is..

Meaning, I can only use the edit flow dashboard widget as a reference and not navigation.

:wink:

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Dustin,

Glad that worked for you at least in part! Autoblog doesn’t utilize custom post statuses, as you’ve seen. It really does come down to a matter of custom coding a solution as you’ve done.

Thanks for posting that here too, hopefully others will be able to make use of it.

Thanks,

David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.