I created an account with a another email with editor

Hello.

I created an account with a another email with editor status. What I wanted to do was allow this person the ability to post on certain facebook page of hers.

However, it doesn't allow the option to be shown when it came time to post to facebook all it shows is a check box post to facebook. While in my account I have a dropdown menu to all the Facebook pages that I want to post to.

How can I get that drop down menu to show up on her account as well so that she can post onto her own Facebook page?

Thank you,
Virgil

• Ash

Hello @Virgil

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

This is not possible out of the box, I am afraid. Only administrator of the site can control the facebook settings.

Also, in a site, only one facebook account can be added. In this plugin, if you try to add another account with customizing the plugin, it can be messed up.

Otherwise, you can use a multisite, where your current editor should be an admin of a subsite. Then she can adds her facebook account and post to her facebook page.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Virgil

Hello Ash,

Thank you for your reply.

I have two sites with the Facebook plugin and the same person who I made as admin on both sites.

Now one site won't give you that drop down menu to post onto various Facebook pages. However, the other website does with her as admin as well. I just wanted to find a way for her to post to a Page once a an article is written in an easy and seamless manner.

Next question I would like to ask if an Editor wants to be able to post an article on Facebook where does that post goes to? Does it go to his personal profile account or does it go to only one Facebook page? Is there a way for an editor to post it onto one particular Facebook Page only?

Thanks,
    Virgil

• Ash

Hello @Virgil

I hope you are well today.

Now one site won't give you that drop down menu to post onto various Facebook pages.

Is she admin in that site or have any other role? If not admin, they she can't choose I am afraid. Please let me know.

Next question I would like to ask if an Editor wants to be able to post an article on Facebook where does that post goes to?

The post will go to the profile/page you selected from Dashboard > Facebook > Auto Post to facebook as admin account. This is not possible to select a specific facebook page for an editor account.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.