I currently have a website with multiple domains, and an IP

Hello,

I currently have a website with multiple domains, and an IP address for each of those domains. I think it will be easier for you to understand what I want to do, if you take a look at it here:
http://ParkMyPhone.com You will see in Services on the left ParkMyFax (,com) ParkMy800 (.com) and so on.

Whenever you select a service, it will seamlessly lead you to the relevant domain name, but you won't notice any difference in the look and feel. The idea was to use was to use each domain name as it's own landing page and provide feed-in from site to site.

I bought your Multi-Domain plugin, in order to implement the same thing on WP.
1. can I achieve this goal with Multi-Domain?
2. Can I also assign a separate IP address, to each domain (I run the server and have the IP addresses).
3. If so, how?

Thanks for your help.
Oren

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Oren Yehezkely, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

#1: In looking at what you're trying to achieve, I'd actually advise using our Domain Mapping plugin instead for this purpose, as it sounds like you're trying to assign a different domain to each subsite on your network:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/

#2 & #3: The domains would need to point at your server's IP address (which I'm assuming is set to point to the DocumentRoot already, as Domain Mapping will need that in order to map domains via A records).

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Oren Yehezkely! :slight_smile:

Will I need to remove the Multi-Domain plugin first in order to install Domain Mapping?

Nope, they should be able to run side-by-side. :slight_smile:

Also, what do you consider to be a subsite exactly?

Any site on your Multisite network that isn't the main site (i.e. the site located at the root domain, assuming you had a domain set up for WordPress site).

And finally, I am trying to understand if I can use an IP address PER DOMAIN NAME (as it is right now), and where would I set the IP addresses?

As I mentioned earlier, the domains mapped to the subsites on your Multisite would need to point at your server's IP address (and if you're using A records, you'll want to be sure that's a dedicated IP address), they can only point at that IP address if you're wanting to map them to the subsites on your network.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.