I decided to go with your eCommerce solution last week -

Hi
I decided to go with your eCommerce solution last week - and being totally new to WordPress, I am having a little difficulty in finding out how to add product categories to the main to menu bar. I managed to do this the other day but have since re-installed WordPress to my local server and being blonde, I didn't think to make a backup.

It took me ages to work out how to do it in the first place and now its driving me insane, because it feels like I have dementia lol.

When I managed to get it working the other day, I seem to remember an extra menu called "Product Categories" appearing on the "Appearance > Menu" page just under where it has the "Categories" drop-down and in there it had all of the categories that I had created via the "Products > Product Categories" list, but now I just can't work out how I did it...

Please help!

Many thanks in advance!

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Stefano

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard!

I'm blonde too, so I sympathize. :slight_smile:

If you want to add post types or taxonomies to your custom menu under Appearance > Menus, and they aren't visible for selection in the sidebar, click the Screen Options tab at the top of your screen when on the Menus page.

Then simply check the checkboxes for the stuff you want available.

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Stefano
    • New Recruit

Thanks for your help - it worked! I didn't have to do that before, but it seems like each time I have re-installed WP and then MP, something changes - like on this installation the "store" menu listing isn't showing up, but I don't really need it anyway.

Again thanks for your help and for the fast response!

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @Stefano

I hope you had a great weekend!

The Store menu should appear on the front-end of your site when you add the Store page to your menu.

While the Store page is an actual page on your site, the products, shopping cart & order status pages are "virtual" pages that are created automatically for you when you click "Save" under the Presentation tab of MarketPress settings.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.