I deleted my Theme and now I'm having problems to restore it

I deleted my theme and I can't restore it, I tried to restore a old version but now I can't access the wp-admin with the Super Admin, and the theme is old, I need to update to latest version.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Reyan Ruben

I hope you're well today!

I believe that this is the same issue that you reported in your other ticket here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/dashboard-admin-login

I have closed it since you gave many more details about the issue here so let's continue here too.

As for the issue.

You should now have access. The problem with the site was that even despite the user had an admin role assigned, the "administrator" user role was removed from the site. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you why that happened - there's no logs or any other indicators that could tell us that - but the role, which is native to WordPress, was physically removed from the site.

Actually, I'm not quite sure if it was removed or just renamed but to regain access I had to manually add "administrator" user role back via database. It looks to me like someone (or something - e.g. some plugin) was "messing around" a bit with user roles. You should be able to login as an admin now (with both admin accounts), having full access to the site.

I hope that helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Reyan Ruben

Hi,

Thank you for your message.

I really appreciate your help with this.
    The initial issue in the beginning was that i could log in to wordpress dashboard as admin and now that you have fixed it. I can log in now.

The other issue wass, by mistake i activated the original theme on wmpudev but on my word press i had activated the child theme . So i realised once i activated the original theme on wmpudev, the customisation lay out has changed. Then when i came back to deactivate the theme. It completely deleted the whole theme off. I was just wondering if there is any way to reboot the child theme layout again?

Thank you
    Reyan

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Reyan Ruben

I'm glad I could help!

As for the theme. I can see that currently active theme is "Motor" and there's a "Motor Child" installed on site but it's broken as it seems to be "broken" (some data missing). Do you have a copy of that child theme so it could be re-installed?

Also, could you please explain a bit more what do you mean by "customisation layout has changed" and "it completely deleted the whole theme"? I'm not sure if I correctly understand what happened here and in order to be able to help I need to be sure that I got a proper picture of the case. I hope that makes sense :wink:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.