I did not understand what it is for the Membership 2 Pro

I did not understand what it is for the Membership 2 Pro plugin. What is the difference between Membership 2 Pro and Pro Site plugin? The two work together? One is complement each other?

Att,
Josimar

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Josimar,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Our Membership 2 Pro and Pro Site plugins are two separate tools. They can work along but by design are serving different purposes.

Membership 2 Pro

This is a plugin that allows you protect the content of your site from being viewed by unauthorized members. It's a tool to build a classic membership (subscription-based) site.
    An example would be book club where you publish parts of books. You may then create e.g. 2 memberships: "Silver" and "Gold" where the "Silver" will only allow users to read books reviews and covers and the "Gold" will let them read excerpts of the books.

Of course some of the registered of your site may not be "Silver" or "Gold" members at all. They will not be able to read excerpts and reviews and see covers and will only see a list of available books.

The plugin also let's you charge users for being members and these may be recurring payments, so they sign up once and pay you automatically every month.

That's just an example.

Pro Sites

Long story short: in case you'd like to run your own service similar to wordpress.com where users can start their own blogs and you'd like to offer some premium features (e.g. access to some selected plugins or themes) for a fee as an addition to the basic free service - this is a tool that will let you do this.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.