I do not have the 'Map domain' tab as described

I do not have the 'Map domain' tab as described in the instructions. I cannot add or edit mapped domains.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Ocean Digital Corp,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The 'Map domain' tab is displayed in the admin area of subsite on the following path as displayed in the attached screenshot.

Admin Area -> Tools -> Domain Mapping

Please advise if you have more questions.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

[SCREENSHOT REMOVED]

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Ocean Digital Corp, apologies for the delay here!

As it turns out, it seems like we've run into an odd quirk here, it seems like the domain mapping form gets hidden after 4 domains are added to a site.

I'll let the developer know about this, but in the meantime, you can override this behavior by inserting this code as an mu-plugin:

<?php

add_action( 'admin_head', 'force_display_domain_mapping_form', 99);

function force_display_domain_mapping_form() {
    	$force_dm_form_display = '<style type="text/css">
    	.domainmapping-form-hidden .domainmapping-form {display: block !important;}
    	</style>';
    	echo $force_dm_form_display;
    }

Or, if you wish, you can simply download the attached .zip file, and upload the .php file in there to wp-content/mu-plugins. :slight_smile:

Let me know if there's anything else you need please! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Mike D
    • The Bug Hunter

Thanks Mike, When will the plugin be updated? I try to avoid making manual changes to files so that my security plugins don't red flag them and I'm terrible with php. If it's going to be awhile I might do as you suggest.

Thanks again.

ps. Would you mind removing that screenshot of my mapped domains?

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there,

Hope you're well.

Unfortunately we can't provide etas, but what we can do if you wish is log into your FTP and make the change directly to Domain Mapping, this way when the update happens the change is removed and updated with our new release which will work by default.

How does that sound?

If you'd prefer that then simply send in:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Timothy Bowers
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

I'll get that sorted for you then so that you don't need to worry about it.

Take care.

• Mike D
    • The Bug Hunter

I uploaded the " force-dm-form" file. It works for 4 out of 5 sub-sites. the 5th sub-site, my master domain, has no "domain mapping" link in the mymaindomain.com>Dashboard>Tools menu. Im not sure if that is a separate issue or part of the same bug.

• Sam
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi @Ocean Digital Corp

1) mymaindomain.com shouldn't have domain mapping in the tools menu as DM plugin doesn't provide domain mapping for the main site and it's just for sub-sites. But you can find this menu in network admin.

2) I'm looking after the reported bug and the fix will be shipped by the next release.

Cheers,
    Sam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.