I do not understand with Affiliates

Hello,
Sorry for my English, I am French and I use google translator
How can I find the complete instructions for pluging affiliates (in English, if it is not available in French). I can not find it.

I can not find how I should add new affiliate. When I go to "User" in Wordpress I see Affiliates Section Refferals but what should I do?

I need a quick answer please.

cordially
Patrick Muller

• PatrickMuller coach

ok thanks
    I'm sorry to ask, but is that all? You can not have a full pdf?
    Because I have not figured out how to insert a new affiliate? Es it me (adminitrateur) who should do each affiliate or the fact be-even?

I thought, in "user affilate" I could go to the paypal address affiliate, give the URL of my site generated by "affiliate" and that everything was ok. But by making a test with my personal email address, it does not work (no confirmation email).

If the member must fill in fields, I thought there is a new page "affiliate" in my pages that future affiliate must meet
    Is it me create this page? If so, how do I do it? (I do not know much HTML code)

another question: should there be one affililié necessarily a site or a blog. If he gives the custom URL for my site in an email, is he going to receive his commission?

sorry for my English, I speak French and I have a lot of trouble if one of you speak French, it would suit me

Thank you very much for your help

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

A WordPress User is an affiliate.

They register to your WordPress site just like they do on any WordPress site and they then have an account with you.

They can then log in and go to:

Admin --> Users --> Affiliate Referrals

/wp-admin/users.php?page=affiliateearnings

They can enable their links there, enter their email address, see their referrals, banner link, etc.

And banners if you enabled are:

Admin --> Users --> Affiliate Banners

For you, the settings is under:

Admin --> Affiliates

All options for the plugin are under (this use to be under the dashboard):

Admin --> Affiliates

Affiliate links and stats are found in their own profile under:

Admin --> Users --> Affiliate Referrals

Admin --> Users --> Affiliate Banners

You can also use shortcodes:

Shortcodes

Besides full access to the Affiliates Plugin features in the Admin Panel, you can use any of the following shortcodes within your posts or pages to provide front-end access as well.

[affiliatelogincheck] – place this at the top of the page that you are planning on using the rest of the shortcodes on and it will display a login message if the user isn’t logged in.
    [affiliateuserdetails] – mirrors the affiliate details form from the admin area (yellow box)
    [affiliatestatstable] – mirrors the large click statistics table
    [affiliatevisitstable] – mirrors the referrers this month table
    [affiliatetopvisitstable] – mirrors the top referrers table
    [affiliatestatschart] – mirrors the main statistics charts
    [affiliatevisitschart] – mirrors the referrers charts
    [affiliatebanners] – displays the banners you add to your affiliate settings

If the user isn’t logged in then none of the shortcodes will output anything (except for the top one).

If you're using any of these:

MarketPress
    Directory
    Membership
    Pro Sites

Then you can go to:

Admin --> Affiliates --> Add-ons

And then activate those modules so you can use affiliates to track stats and earnings. Depends on the plugin as to where the payout is defined for example Pro Sites is under:

Admin --> Affiliates --> Affiliate Settings

MarketPress is:

Admin --> Products --> Store Settings

To generate a masspay file you go to:

Admin --> Affiliates

Select the month and then export payments. Go take that to Paypal to process the affiliates pay and don't forget to mark as paid once done to ensure you don't pay them again.

If there is something specific you're struggling with then please detail what it is so that I may assist further.

Take care.

• PatrickMuller coach

Thank you very much for your help

I realized that if I create a user profile "subscriber" in fact, the person sees the page and is able to see the evolution of its business.

I have not grow further. I have not tried the use of buttons and options. Is it really necessary that it works properly or is it just more convenient?

but I have 2 questions;

1) how to determine the amount of the commission for the affiliate? I would like to give a commission of 33%

2) on my site, I get this message: Affiliate Debug : The Not via an Affiliate cookie has been set. I am ignoring any future affiliate clicks for this browser session.

my site : patrickmuller-coach.com
    I'm on firefox 18

what should I do?

Again thank you for all your help. I will not facilitate life with my bad english ... but I'm a nice French. I'm not a damned French, promised:wink:

cordially

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

1) how to determine the amount of the commission for the affiliate? I would like to give a commission of 33%

That's a business decision which you need to make.

Considerations would be the cost you incur for every sale, so if using MarketPress what is the gross profit margin, shipping costs, transaction fees, etc.

2) on my site, I get this message: Affiliate Debug : The Not via an Affiliate cookie has been set. I am ignoring any future affiliate clicks for this browser session.

If you don't want to debug then turn it off like you turned it on in:

Admin --> Affiliates --> Add-ons

It's only used for debugging issues. I see you found this from another thread now.

Again thank you for all your help. I will not facilitate life with my bad english ... but I'm a nice French. I'm not a damned French, promised:wink:

ha ha. :slight_smile:

Been a long time since I've been to France, I sadly don't remember much French though. :slight_frown:

I'm over in the UK.

Take care.

• PatrickMuller coach

Thank you:wink: Timothy
    you are nice

I have one last question (promise:wink:) For paypal, I just put buttons "buy" on my page "tariff" I n, have no pluging "paypal"
    to see the buttons: http://patrickmuller-coach.com/tarifs/
    is that Affiliate will "see payment" and comptabilier for each affiliate or should I do something else. I did not emaketpress, I do not need (I sell 5 products / services).

if it does not work, tell me what I should do (note I am not computer ... I debuted, so if we put the code, give me all the details please).

thank you again for your help:wink:

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

We provide automatic integration with the following:

MarketPress
    Membership
    Directory
    Pro Sites

To do a manual integration you'd need some custom coding

I know you only have 5 products but using MarketPress would be the easiest way to integrate Affiliates. And it also supports a grid layout like you have. You might need ti apply some CSS to get the exact same look but still probably easier.

If you absolutely don't want to use MarketPress then Barry (the developer on Affiliates) did post an article some time ago:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/integrating-the-affiliate-plugin-part-one/

If you don't know how to use that information then you'd need to hire a developer. I know I've said it a couple of times now but using MarketPress would automate that setup for you.

Take care.

• aecnu

Greetings PatrickMuller coach,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.