I do not want the background to dim when popup is displayed

Hey all,
Great plugin. My client wants this popup to be a little less in your face so I'm trying to set it up so that it functions similar to the ones at thinkprogress.com. Specifically where the popup does not dim the entire screen when it's displayed.

Please advise....thanks.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @Richard,

I just took a look at thinkprogress.com and the background there is dimmed when the popup is active... Dimming the background is vital, because that helps the user focus on what is active (the popup). If the rest of the site was not dimmed then I doubt they would even see it!

However if your client insists then could you please post a link to your client's site so that I may see this in action and provide some CSS for you that will help you fix this?

Please advise,
    Ari.

• Richard
      • Flash Drive

@aristath thanks for the reply...sorry I should have been a bit more specific. Yes, the initial popup at thinkprogress is not dimmed but if you click on a post and scroll down to the bottom you'll notice a popup that asks you to like them on FB which slides in from the right that does not dim the entire screen. That's what I'm trying to accomplish here.

The dev site I'm working on is dev.citizensclimatelobby.org.

Thanks buddy.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey there, Richard!

The CSS solution you used is probably your best bet at this point - if you put the edits in a custom CSS file, they won't be overwritten when the plugin updates -- any other method we used would have involved editing core files. As long as this is an effective cross-browser solution, I'd say go with it.

Have a great week!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.