I don't what's happening, yesterday, my site shown

Hi,

I don’t what’s happening, yesterday, my site shown Bandwidth exceeded and today when I checked, it was in shamble and the site not seeing the stylesheet I presumed. How can you aid me solve this? Please I need this help.

Url: http://projectsmileng.com

Regards

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Barni,

I’ve visited your site and I’ve noticed that you’ve uploaded some quite big images there. For example, one of the images of the slider on your frontpage is a file almost 4MB big. It’s heavy! In other words: considering there’re 11 images of 4MB in the slider, you need at least 40MB bandwidth for each site load. Multiply it by the number of site’s hits and you’ll get some pretty big numbers – the bandwidth will go down very fast. I’m talking here only about images!

One good way to deal with it would be of course to use some caching plugin like for example

W3 Total Cache

https://wordpress.org/plugins/w3-total-cache/

It would be also good to crop or resize images manually before uploading them to the site. Most likely you don’t need images that are almost 5000 pixels wide.

Finally, I’d suggest that you try our WP Smush PRO plugin which will significantly compress those images, thus saving a large part of bandwith. You can find it here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wp-smush-pro/

These three solutions together should preserve the bandwith and prevent your site from becoming slow. Also, I think the CSS wasn’t loading due to the exceeded bandwith.

Let me know if it helped!

Regards,

Adam

• Barni
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey @adam Czajczyk, thank you very much, that info is kinda very useful. Actually, I used WP Smush Pro and I ensured that I scaled most of the images down but I’ve not tried any cache initiative. What of free CDN? Would that work better?

Regards

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Barni,

I hope you’re well today!

It’s great that you’re using our WP Smush Pro plugin. As for CDN, if it supports internal caching (and it probably does) it might save you a little bandwidth and surely should speed up the site load. After all, that’s exactly what the CDN’s are for :slight_smile:

I’d also strongly recommend using a caching plugin on your side!

Cheers,

Adam

• Barni
    • The Bug Hunter

Ok @adam Czajczyk, nice one and you’ve been a tremendous help on this! After WP Smush, instead of getting W3 total cache, I used Wordfence falcon cache system and seems to be working fine. Can I further install w3 total cache along with this?

Regards

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Barni,

I hope you’re well today and I’m sorry I kept you waiting!

Wordfence’s falcon caching is quite a decent solution, I’ve used it personally and I was very satisfied with the results. Its only drawback is that it doesn’t work on every server. But if it works for you, that’s great.

You shouldn’t however use any other caching plugins along this one. Actually, two caching engines should never work simultaneously on one WP install. Such a configuration will most likely cause a lot of trouble and/or unexpected behavior.

The only exception from this rule is an external cache such as CDN’s (preferably the CDN from another provider than your hosting provider) own internal caching engine.

I hope that helped!

Cheers,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.