I encounter some issues after update membership 2 pro

Hi dear support team;

I tried to update the membership 2 pro but I see some issues after upgrade. There are a few problems in the current version:

1- If a visitor goes to author pages, s/he can read the protected posts.

2- The protected page is visible for everyone. (Please check https://staging5.rice-exchange.com/rice-importers-database/).

3- If I update the plugin, the posts are not visible. It says “No result founds, …”

This is a staging copy and the plugin is not updated yet. Please feel free to work on this staging copy.

https://staging5.rice-exchange.com/

Best regards

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Pål,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

From what version of Membership 2 Pro plugin you are updating to ? Or you are upgrading from Membership Premium to Membership 2 Pro ?

The support staff access seems to be enabled for live site instead of staging site. Also, I could not login to live site too via Support Staff access.

Could you please double check the support staff access is enabled for staging site (if its enabled already then revoke and grant again) ?

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Pål,

Thanks for checking again but unfortunately I still don't see the support access active for the staging site.

I do see support staff access enabled for live site tough but I don't think I should be doing troubleshooting there.

Also, I can not even see your staging site linked with your account as if you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin on your staging site. Please install it on your staging site and then enable support staff access there.

Also, if that does not work, then you can send me WordPress admin credentials for staging site directly via our secure contact form.

You can send the requested details via our secure contact form in following format.

Subject: "Attn: Sajid Javed”

– WordPress admin username

– WordPress admin password

– login url

– FTP credentials (host/username/password)

– link back to this thread for reference

– link to the downloadable snapshot zip archive.

Make sure you select "I have a different question" from dropdown as see in this screenshot so it get assigned to me and sent privately (otherwise it will posted in public form – so its important):

Best Regards,

Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Pål,

Thanks for sending in the login details but the password seems to be incorrect. It did not worked form. Could you please send in the correct password again in the reply of email you received from us ?

Best Regards,

Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Pål,

Yes, the password now works. I could login and figure out the issue.

1- If a visitor goes to author pages, s/he can read the protected posts.

The post is listed on author page because its protected by category. So every time some will try to access that category or any post within that category will be redirected to protected page to login if they are not logged in or member of specific membership.

On author page, it does show the post excerpt, but when trying to read the full post still redirects to protected page, that is the expected behaviour of the plugin and its working the way its designed.

If you want to remove this post from any listing pages like author, category archives then instead of protecting as category, protect those posts individually.

To protect individual posts you would need to activate Individual Posts add-on from Membership 2 -> Add-ons. Now you will see the Membership 2 Protection meta box on each post as you see for pages while creating/editing the posts or you can protect in bulk from Membership 2 -> Protection Rules -> Posts.

2- The protected page is visible for everyone. (Please check https://staging5.rice-exchange.com/rice-importers-database/).

This is currently an open page and can not be protected because it is set as Membership 2 specific page. It is set as account page from Membership 2 -> Settings -> General -> Membership 2 Pages -> Account.

If you want to protect this page, then you would have to create a new page for account, set that new page as account page from Membership 2 -> Settings -> General -> Membership 2 Pages -> Account and then finally protect Rice Importers Database.

3- If I update the plugin, the posts are not visible. It says “No result founds, ..

I could not replicate this issue, after or before updating the Membership 2 Pro plugin. Where exactly you see that error message ? A direct page link would be help to figure it out.

Best Regards,

Sajid

• Pål
    • Flash Drive

Hi Sajid;

About #3 I can say most of the categories. Please go to “rice importers database” and click on November 2016 or October 2016 (or other links). You can see many posts here.

Then update the plugin and again go to those categories. In some categories you can see a few posts and in some of them you see “No results found, …”

Thank you for your help.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Pål , I hope you are doing well today!

My apologies for the delay here.

While trying to login to your site, I got 504 error, it’s gateway Timeout error. You need to increase PHP memory of your site. If we would have your FTP credentials, I would have done this. For now, please add the following line to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '3000M');

If this will not work, please try the suggestions described in this post:

How to Increase the Maximum Upload and PHP Memory Limit in WordPress

Please let us know when you do this, so we could have a look at the issue you described above.

Kind regards,

Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.