I find the whole SEO thing complicated and a bit

I find the whole SEO thing complicated and a bit of a minefield. I like the idea of using a special SEO plugin to help, but even with that the task is huge. I have considered getting help.

I think this is a bit of a stupid question but here goes;
If I hired a freelancer to do SEO on my site could I limit their access to just the SEO plugin? This is where it gets a bit complicated as the content and pages have SEO options with them as well. I just don't want to hand over full admin access to a freelancer who I don't know.

Any ideas please?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @David H,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

Technically yes, using default user roles and perhaps a plugin like https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-role-editor/

But most SEO plugins have specific options within pages, posts etc. Ideally your SEO expert would need access to the complete admin to properly help and manage.

So if you didn't want to give them complete access, you can restrict access and just let them the setup the actual plugin settings.

Also I'd highly advise you to properly look into the company, I'm sure you will., but if you they any blackhat stuff, your quickly find yourself black listed on Google.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• David H
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Jack
    That is strange, the post title here did not load and now have the first line??
    I had called it managing SEO plugin access.

Thanks for the tip off. I will have a think about it. SEO freelancers seem to work out expensive and with an ongoing monthly cost. Having the plugin set up correctly might be cheaper at a fix cost.

I agree that to do the job they need to access the whole site. It is just a bit of a chance to trust in a stranger on an already set up site. Take a back up and a deep breath!!

Regards
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.