I get an sync error with user sync and it only imports a handful.

Hi,
I am trying to import users from bitpath.org to tryout.tech. I set bitpath.org to be a master, and when I connect the child/slave site, it attempts to sync and does a handful (25 or so, out of 3,800). The credentials entered seem correct, as it grabs a few more every time I disconnect and reconnect. Is there a way to say "continue and grab some more" without taking the key out and putting it back in? It says "sync error" when I do so. Can you help me please? I have enabled support from bitpath.org (the master user list) to tryout.tech (a temporary place I am moving users while I rebuild).
thank you!

• Aurelio
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Kasia,
    I deactivated both, put them into debug and reactivated.
    I got the same synch error, but it did not create the folder /plugins/user-sync/log/ on either site that I saw.
    I am trying to set up bitpath as the master site, and I get a key I enter into the child site I want to copy the users to, bittrack. When I activate, it starts to and grabs a few and then says sync error.
    Would you let me know if I should try something else please?
    Thank you!

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Aurelio,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I got the same synch error, but it did not create the folder /plugins/user-sync/log/ on either site that I saw.

You server may not have write permission, you'll have to create the /log folder manually, and the logs will get generated once you replicate the issue again.

Could you also enable support access in both the sites, so that we could give a closer look to have a better idea, you can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Aurelio
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi. Sorry for the delay. I got locked out of the child site. My admin got overwritten or something when I tried to sync again. I realized I am just trying to do a one time transfer of a large user dataset, not regular syncs anyway so I'm going to go another approach for this and save my questions for the next step :slight_smile: Thank you!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.