I get "Invalid argument supplied" message in group forums page.

Suddenly on group forums page url, I start receiving below message.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/wp-content/db.php on line 284

line 284 of db.php states:
foreach ( $db_servers[$query_data['dataset']] as $server ) {

I updated Multi-db by replacing the db.php with the new one. Did I forget something?

Thanks.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi giorgos,

Hmm, so that happens only after updating to the recent version's db.php, correct? Are you using the latest version of WordPress and BuddyPress?

I'll tag the developer on this thread too as I'm not really sure why that error would suddenly appear on forum pages.

Thanks,
    David

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!

• giorgos
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Also note that uninstall / install group forums from buddypress doesn't help. When I uninstall group forums the Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/wp-content/db.php on line 284
    still comes and the page appears unformatted after a while.

When I go back to check, buddypress says that group forums are installed, though I did uninstall. In general Buddypress settings do not react in changes, so I will gonna remove and re-install buddypress to see if that helps..

UPDATE:
    Unfortunately it didn't help. I dont believe buddypress is getting unistalled.

Any idea how to completely uninstall buddypress plugin from database and start all over? That way I hope is going to work with multi DB.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.