I get No recorded history error message...

I get this error in easyblogging admin:
No recorded history. You may want to visit your blog's Dashboard first.

So I go to visit the dashboard and then back and still see the same thing.

Thanks
Joe

• Michael Bissett

Hey @jsegal, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

I get this error in easyblogging admin:
    No recorded history. You may want to visit your blog's Dashboard first.

Where inside the Easy Blogging dashboard are you seeing this error?

Oh and this is what the Dashboard looks like when I click Activate EasyBlogging.

Have you disabled the Dashboard widgets using the "Remove WP Dashboard Widgets" module inside of Ultimate Branding, or is there another reason why the page is blank?

Could you enable Support Access, so that I could have a closer look at things here? :slight_smile:

Please advise,
    Michael

• jsegal

Hello Michael thanks you too!

The error was in the EB Dashboard Widgets screen now its gone and I see the items listed there it says were "previously hidden" they have checkboxes by them and if I check it off that widget appears in the EB users dashboard now.

Yes I disabled the Dashboard widgets using Remove WP Dashboard Widgets" module in the UB admin but just disabled that and now I see at least one widget there a notes widget from a wp dashboard notes plugin I'm using.

I click on the Add Post link and theres a bunch of things in the theme ad post page I'd like to remove for easyblogger /novice users like the sidebars options, featured images options, slider options and "page builder" options dialog boxes there. How can I do that?

I'll extend support but you need to use the first level htaccess prompt to get in.

Thanks
    Joe

• Ash

Hello @jsegal

I click on the Add Post link and theres a bunch of things in the theme ad post page I'd like to remove for easyblogger /novice users like the sidebars options, featured images options, slider options and "page builder" options dialog boxes there. How can I do that?

You can grab the class name using Inspect Element tools in chrome and set display none for that elements. You can write the css in custom admin css module. Also you will need to activate "Compatibility mode" add-on for Easy Blogging activated.

Michael I would also like to get the Support Plugin menu stuff to appear for EB users. You know the Add Ticket and FAQ links?\

Do you mean our support plugin or the support link of our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin?

Cheers
    Ash

• jsegal

Hello Ashok thank you!

Do you know if Michael had a chance to log in through the support access I extended to him that he requested?

Yes I am referring to the support Plugin from WPMU that has the FAQ and Support Tickets system included in it. I want that to be visible to EasyBlogger users.

I tried to add the link to it but when I click "Add Icon" nothing happens.

http://mysitewhatever-not.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpmudev-support&tab=support

• Michael Bissett

Hey @jsegal, really sorry for the delay on this thread!

In regards to the question you had earlier about removing those options you mentioned from the "Add Post" page, I took the liberty of inserting the following code into Ultimate Branding's Custom Admin CSS module:

#wdeb-mode .wp-editor-tabs #content-panels {
        display: none;
    }
    #wdeb-mode #post-body #standard {
    }
    #wdeb-mode #post-body #slider_sectionid {
    }
    #wdeb-mode #post-body #customsidebars-mb {
    }

As for your question about inserting the FAQ and Ticket Manager links into your menu, I was able to insert those for you, along with a test icon (it's a folder icon that you had available on the site).

What was the image you were trying to use as an icon before? And are you still having issues with attaching an icon with a menu item?

Please advise,
    Michael

• jsegal

Hi Michael, thanks.

So does this CSS mean that only the EasyBlogger users will not see those sections on the add post page?

Thanks for adding the other links. I found the problem was a conflict from another plugin I disabled since its jquery library was conflicting with wp's.

I can now click the add icon link okay yes.

I don't see the menu items you added in the test easyblogger user account admin,. do you?

* I really dont want these EasyBloggers seeing the Use-Your-Drive Google Drive links in the Advanced TinyMCE editor either if you can teach me how to restrict that it'd be great!

Thank you,
    Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.