I get this error when I do a Bulk Smush

Error posting to API: 500 Internal Server ErrorError posting to API: 500 Internal Server ErrorInvalid file format. Only PNG, JPEG, and GIF files are supported.Invalid file format. Only PNG, JPEG, and GIF files are supported.Error posting to API: 500 Internal Server ErrorError posting to API: 500 Internal Server Error

I am assuming there is some corrupt files. How can I view the log or debug this?

• Sajid

Hi @jacqueskarsten,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Does it not working for all images are get stuck on a specific images ? I mean it does not work at all ?

You can find the error message in your server error_log mostly located on root folder of WordPress install.

If you can't find a file in there then add following code in wp-config.php file by replacing the debug true.

Open up wp-config.php file, find below code:
    define('WP_DEBUG', false );

...and replace it with following code.

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Now, run the smush again and look for errors in wp-content/debug.log file and post that here (don't forget to mask the security details like your username).

Make sure you are Smusing Images only and don't have any other type of files in your media like zip or even mp4.

Also, if you could grant support staff access so I can take a closer look. To grant access go to WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access or see this manual.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid