I got 99+

I got 99+ problems... apparently! Defender says I gotta sh*t load of problems, and I've got a never ending scan in progress. What da f*** is going on?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Wayne,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked the site and it seems that the scan got "stuck in a loop" after reaching 100%. I have cancelled it for now. Please add following lines to the "wp-config.php" file of your site:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

These lines should be located above the "/* That's all, stop editing..." line and once they are there please start the scan again. After it reaches 100% (and if it doesn't stop as expected but hangs up again) please:

- download the "debug.log" file from "/wp-content/" folder of your site, rename it to "debug.txt" and attach to your replay here
    - make sure that the support access to the site is still open so I could check the site again

Hopefully this will help us find out what the issue is.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Wayne,

cURL error is usually shown when there's communication issue between your site and our server, in most cases it's just temporary and that was the case on your site as I was able to run the scan again.

It seems that when scan reaches 100% it starts scanning WP files again for some reason and it never finishes.

I did saw a 500 error in console so hopefully debug.log file is now created as well.
    Could you check that and if it's there rename it to debug.txt and attach it here so we can have a look at it.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the debug log, it looks like there are some errors regarding Defender but I was unable to replicate that on my installation so I forwarded the log to plugin developer so he can check it out and see what might be causing that.

There's also one error regarding gd-system-plugin.php so it's worth checking if that's the cause while we wait for the dev to get back to me.
    Can you access your WP installation via FTP or cPanel and navigate to wp-content/mu-plugins/ folder, there you should see gd-system-plugin.php file.
    Download the file to your PC so you have a backup of it and then remove it from your mu-plugins folder.

Try running the scan again after gd-system-plugin.php is removed and see if it finishes after that.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.