I had my WP site quota set to 20MB and everything worked.

I had my WP site quota set to 20MB and everything worked.
I just installed Pro Sites, and set the "Free Quota to 20MB" and now it tells me that my main site has filled its quota, when I try to upload Media.

Ok So I up the free site Quota to 50MB....Same Result.
So I change the WP built-in Quota to 50MB....Same Result.

I find it hard to believe I'm filling a 50MB quota with 1 pic.

Please Advise

• Dave
    • Flash Drive

Ok, Apparently all the WPMU plugins I have installed has raised the space used.
    I set the quota to 500MB, and everything works again (Seems high though for next to 0 content)
    So I have another question:
    What exactly is calculated when determining space used? Is media stored on-disk, or in a SQL blob?

Basically I need a way to manually figure out how much space a blank site will take, so I can set the quotas correctly.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Dave

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question, check my post here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/you-have-used-your-space-quota-please-delete-files-before-uploading#post-393412 on editing the quota for just one site :slight_smile:

For how the quote is calculated, if you allow a site say 500MB of space, that is the maximum and isn't actually set aside on your server, the space used wouldn't be as much as the main site, as the main site includes all plugins etc, the sub sites, would be posts, images/media that sort of things, these are then calculated on your web server to get the amount of space that is being used, if that makes sense?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Dave
    • Flash Drive

Hmm, something here isn't working correctly, then.
    I did as your other post indicated, and the main site was already set to 10000 MB quota.
    So, I'm guessing that this setting does not override the Pro Sites Quota because the pro sites quota was kicking in way below that.

• Dave
    • Flash Drive

My main site is not defined as a pro site. I was hoping to only allow my pro sites 100MB and my free sites 20MB

I am not using pay to blog.

In the dashboard, it shows 500MB Space Allowed, and that I'm using 54% 271.58MB
    500 is where I had to set the "Free" site level to to make uploads work on my main site. (As mentioned above)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.