I have

I have been struggling trying to get Pro Sites set up, There is no documentation, I have spent time creating a comparison chart that I think is going to be in the admin section of my site and not on the front end. I can't for the life of me figure out where to put my paypal email or merchant ID so that I can accept paypal payments. (am I supposed to create a button???) If there was some kind of documentation on here it would be so much better, but the plug in doesn't even have a read me file. I could of been done days ago.... I just don't understand why this thing is not working. THE biggest of my problems being paypal.... I mean, why give me a IPN but no place to put my email or merchant ID? It gives you a CHOICE of paypal PRO or express, Paypal is erroring out and I can't get my API keys for whatever reason, I need to move forward. FRUSTRATED is an understatement.

Vaughan

Hi Sarah,

Hope you're well?

Have you read the usage guide here? https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/#usage

For the pp API, you need to create a paypal developer account, instructions are provided by clicking the instructions link in the paypalexpress settings page.

Once you have created a developer account & sandbox, you will be able to get the API details.

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/lifecycle/sb_about-accounts/

Once youhave tested in sandbox mode, you can go live, but you'll need the live API creds.

So see https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/lifecycle/goingLive/

The links all work for me, so if PP is down, it must be on your end somewhere or country.

Hope this helps

Sarah Covington

Yes, I had read it, and read it and read it. And in both the introduction and on the page it states choice of either paypal express OR paypal pro... this had led me into a world of confusion as did paypal with the seemingly viscous circle i was in verifying my phone number to get the credentials and then being auto redirected back to the main paypal screen... I am still confused as to how this plugin works exactly if the buyer makes their purchase on the front end or the back end? I had wanted it on the front end, however how would I do that without a checkout? Even with the developer key's which I now have, I am still completely lost as to how to implement this plug in correctly, and I can not visualize how it is supposed to work. I know what I thought it did, and what I need it to do. I just can't seem to figure out if it in fact does what I need and if so, how to get it to work.... for instance where do I send my customers from my sales page to make a purchase? Where is there a button or a cart where they can choose the membership they want, register with the site, enter the name of the site they want and then pay? Am I supposed to create the pages and if so what are they supposed to be named? Are there short codes? Why is there absolutely no documentation on this? Its just a general run down but no real explanation. I am sorry, I have been working on this for a very very long time, I am frustrated beyond belief and very disappointed at both the lack of instructions and the confusion that this plug-in has caused. I have a lot riding on this and I am wasting time, banging my head against a wall because there are no instructions. Most things I can figure out, but this time I am really stuck.

Sarah Covington

Maybe I am better off implementing the two WHMCS plug-ins to manage the hosting portion of my sites, and using the membership plugin for that portion on a sister site, and tieing the two together with the user sync plugin and using user permissions to manage access. My only concern there is I don't want users to be able to inadvertently edit each others blogs...... so I am unsure of implementing user sync and if that would cause a problem there....

I am trying to build a network, one with a site that offers sites, and access to a membership area for information. I want people to be able to build their sites and access the information they need by only having to make one purchase. (except for additional products etc.) I want to automate as much as humanly possible. I have my own vps, whmcs, and all that set up... its getting the right plugin's installed to do the job. I need to get this done asap. Any idea's or pointers would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Vaughan

Hi,

It hooks into the wp registration system.

So once you hace created your levels and options, enabled the PP gateway.

When users click to register on your site, they would usually be redirected to wp-signup.php

They will instead be redirected to the /pro-site page where they will choose a plan and sign up.

Could you grant support access from the dashboard plugin so we can take a closer look? See https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Thanks