I have 2 login/signup on top of each other on the frontpage of my site

Hi again.

I use theme social and membership and today i did install buddypress.

I am trying to get my site up and running and for that i did need to install buddypress wich i did earlier today and all was fine and ok, untill i did turn on my laptop again today to do some more work on the site.

My problem :

I think i have 2 login or signup buttons ( 1 for social theme and 1 for buddypress )

How can i remove 1 of these login signup buttons or area at the frontpage of social ?

Also the text is very small now ( on the frontpage only ) after i got that problem on the frontpage of social theme i use ( with buddypress from today).

Heeeelp please :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mookmik,

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with your WordPress installation, and the Membership plugin with the Social theme.

It appears to be a conflict of some kind therefore it is time to go into full blown trouble shooting mode because it appears there may be some conflict there and one way to find out conclusively.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol - first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem - if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

• mookmik
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thx alot for your reply Joe.

I did try and activate the Twenty Eleven theme and that did look great and i had no problem sign in from that theme.

So next level is to activate all my plugins and go from there and deactivate 1by1 and keep it active if there is no conflict with the plugin.

Just so you know :slight_smile: i sit in Denmark and time is getting late here zzz zzz zzz :smiley: just in case if i reply slow then you know why.

Ok, i have some plugins work to do ....... daaarn :disappointed:

Thx again Joe.

• mookmik
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I did check all the plugins and the problem is still there on my frontpage.

Just to make clear, i had this theme first http://themetastic.com/buddypress/?wptheme=BuddyPress%20Social and there i had one Log In button.

Then today i did install buddypress http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/buddypress/ and as you can see it did create 2 more buttons and place them on top of the social theme line were to type username and password etc.

On the Twenty Eleven theme there is no issue, all is fine there.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mookmik,

I am sorry for the delay here in a reply, but today is the first time this ticket has come up on my screen since my last reply.

After reviewing the thread I can see why it took so long for me to get back to this ticket - it is the way the ticket system works and our interaction with it.

The following is not a criticism but an attempt to clarify what and why to include how bumping actually delays a response and with this understanding perhaps we will work together better and with a more timely response time:

****Please note:****
    One reason in this particular ticket here that we are having delays in a response is because of the way the ticket system works. The ticket system see's every reply as well a reply ... and then changes it's priority in the support que to include ticket aging.

Therefore it may not show up on our screens as early as it would under normal conditions. It is usually in your best interest to not bump tickets or reply to them unless there is something significant to add.
    ****Please note****

And unfortunately this came under heavy play in the delay of this particular ticket.

Forward --> Where are we with the theme issue or did you manage to resolve it on your own?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.