I have 2 Membership 2 issues

I am getting two issues with membership 2:

1) it's missing the username in the string "You are logged in as ". This happens in the Account page and also on the Membership 2 Login widget.

2) We had already all the admin-users, then I made the first test to register for a membership and the plugin changed by all users to one membership, instead of the "none". only the actual logged admin user was not affected, and still says "none",

• Rob
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I have to add, that the assignments of the different memberships to the users is not working. As I registered a new user with another type of membership, it overrides this membership to the existing user on the page "Membership / All Members". At the page "Users" there it shows for all users (except for one admin-user, with which I was logged in in another browser) still the membership type from the first user I registered.
    Only on the "Membership / Billing" page there are the correct assignments of the membership.

• viobru
    • Support

Hi, Rob!

Hope you are doing great :slight_smile:

Regarding your first issue, this is known issue and our developers are already working on this. In the meantime, all you need to do is download the attached file, unzip it and place it inside /wp-content/plugins/membership-pro/app/view/shortcode/ folder, replacing the exisitng file with the new one.
    Before applying any change, please make sure to have a COMPLETE and UPDATED BACKUP of the site.

Regarding the second issue, seems that it is only visible on the Users > All users page, under /wp-admin/users.php. If assigning a membership to a subscriber user and then editing the user to make it admin this causes that concrete user to still appear listed subscribed for that membership under the Users > All users page, even being an admin already: Thanks for pointing up these other details regarding this. From what I see, the changes applied to the membership (paid one) are not being properly reflected under the Membership 2 > All members page, but they are correct under the Membership > Billing page and also if checking the Subscription details of the member.
    I was able to replicate both issues on my tesing site, so I will ping my teammates from SLS so they can take a closer look at this. Please note that they have to deal with lots of critical issues on a daily basis, so it may take a little while for them to check this and give feedback.
    We highly appreaciate your patience on this.

Have a nice day ahead!

Kind regards,
    Violeta

• Rob

Hi Violeta,

thanks for your response! I will try out your solution for the first issue.

Regarding the second issue: I didn't try to change an existing subscriber user to an admin user. What I did was: Several admin users have already been existing as I installed the plugin. As I registered the first user via the registration form, all users on the Users > All users page got the assignment from the first chosen membership type 1 and stayed with this one, except the one, with which I was logged in during that time.
    By registering a second user with membership type 2, all the users under Membership > All members get the assignment to membership type 2. Under Users > All users there is still be showing the first assignment.

As I found some additional issues regarding the registration process and automated massages, I thought it might be better, if we can talk with each other. So I am open for this if you would like to. Otherwise I will write a bit more :wink:

Kind regards
    Tiana (coworker of Rob)

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Rob

How are you today?

Regarding the second issue: I didn't try to change an existing subscriber user to an admin user. What I did was: Several admin users have already been existing as I installed the plugin.

Do you mean that the user already was admin of your site?

If so, this administrator user had any custom role. I mean edited by a User Role plugin for example?

By default, the Administrators already have access on memberships and shouldn't allow Admin Assign from the front end.

Let us know this information, and we can pass to our SLS support.
    Best Regards
    Patrick Freitas

• Rob

Hi, thanks I am fine! Sorry for my late response, have been on a sminar the last days.

Yes, the user was already admin!

I had already several existing admin users for the site as I installed the Membership plugin. And what you discribed (screenhsot) is right for ONLY ONE existing user. The change occured as I registered a test-user using a second browser while I was logged in with this one admin user on the other browser.
    Then he changed all already existing admin users and assigned them the same Membership type I used for registering the test-user.
    Only the logged in admin user has done the right thing.... his assignment under User > All users is "None (Admin User)"

Hope it is clear now :slight_smile:

Best regards
    Tiana

• Patrick Freitas
    • Staff

Hi Rob

Thank you for this update,

I wasn't able to replicate on my end, all my Administrators couldn't join the membership, and it is working fine.

Wouldn't you mind, please, send us some information, and I can forward to our Second Line Support?

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.

Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question:

Subject: "Attn: Patrick Freitas"

- Site login URL:

- WordPress admin username:
    - WordPress admin password:

- FTP/SFTP credentials

Host:
    Username:
    Password:
    Port:

- cPanel credentials

Host:
    Username:
    Password:

- Folder path to the site in question:

- Link back to this thread for reference

- Any other relevant URLs/info:

Please, reply to the ticket once you have sent the information.

And please answer me regarding my offer to talk to you, since I found several more issues regarding the working process from the Membership plugin. Or if I should write everything down here!!

Feel free to contact us from chat, and we can investigate the problems of chat time. We try to keep the threads separated by subject if this is a different issue, wouldn't you mind please create a new thread so we can make better support :slight_smile:

Best Regards
    Patrick Freitas

• Rob

Hi Patrick,

I have renewed the access to our site for your team. Luis already created an admin user (luiswpmu) for him to see, what the plugin is doing. Feel free to do the same.

For the moment I don't see why you need access to the server. I will pay attention, the the support access on my site will stay opened for you.

And for what I am experiencing now, it is hard to explain and understand the topic by writing. Because regarding the assignment of an admin user to a mambership: I didn't try to assign to it, it does it by itself. Next week on Wednesday or Thursday I have time to contact to via chat and see, if we can manage how to proceed with the topics.

Best Regards
    Tiana

• Tho Bui
    • Staff

Hi Rop,

I hope you’re well today!

Regarding your issue 2, our developers are already working on this. In the meantime, all you need to do is download the attached file, unzip it and place it inside wp-content/plugins/membership-pro/app/controller/class-ms-controller-member.php, replace as new one.

Before apply any change, please make sure to have a COMPLETE and UPDATED BACKUP of the site.

Kind regards,
    Thobk

• Rob

Hey there,

The first issue "You are logged in as Username" is now working as far as I can see.

The second one doesn't. What is now right, is that every existing admin user has the assignment "None (Admin User)".
    So I tried to register a new User. So I choosed a membership and after clicking the "register"-Button, I got a blank page. There was no verification mail sent. Under User > All User I can see the new user with the wrong membership assigned and not verified.

Kind regards,
    Tiana

• Rob

Hi,

So, now I don't get a blank page. The issue, that the admin user got assigned is solved. They are now marked as "None (admin user)". The rest is still not working, that means:

One user with the membership assignment type 1 exists already.
    Registering a new user:
    Under User > All users the new user get the assignment type 1 although he was registered with type 2.
    Under Membership > All Members the new user got the assignment type 2 and the already existing user got overwritten with type 2.

I highly recommend that you test this issue before you are sending me a new version.

Kind regards
    Tiana

• Tho Bui
    • Staff

Hi Tiana,

It wasn't very clear what your issue was exactly, since you mentioned the admin, so we couldn't replicate this.

Thanks for clarifying your issue :slight_smile:

Until this is fixed in next release you can replace files:
    wp-content/plugins/membership-pro/app/helper/class-ms-helper-cache.php
    wp-content/plugins/membership-pro/app/model/class-ms-model-membership.php

with the ones attached here.

I would strongly suggest to keep a backup of original files, eg by renaming them to something like:
    class-ms-helper-cache.php.back and
    class-ms-model-membership.php.back

Please let us know if you still get this issue after applying changes mentioned above.

Kind regards!
    Thobk

• Rob

Hi Thobk,
    thanks for the files. This issue seems to be working now. So thank you!
    For the other issues regarding the process around the automated email responses, I will open a new thread as soon as I have tested it through.
    Kind regards
    Tiana

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.