I have 3 questions re the chat plugin. So again, great

I have 3 questions re the chat plugin. So again, great option. I can wait to see of future upgrades to make it even better.
My concerns are:
1. I want it to be accessible without people logging in and hopefully in the future you can set option so if site admin is not online to maintain conversion they have option to send and email or put an option so we can add a redirect to contact page link there, hopefully that would be less work for you.
2. When I view my site mobile even though I am not logged in it shows chat content on mobile screen and not offering any option to dismiss it. It also doesnt show the entry box portion so cant type nothing in it. When you try to scroll or touch screen it scrolls background layer behind the chat and doesnt accept any touch screen option that is accepted by the pop out chat itself,
3. What if I wanted it not to show convo? In order not to burden the server with extra uneeded past chat sessions I would prefer for it to clear/reset when chat session is done.

Please advise on all three things as I am suppose to launch this site soon. Thanks

• aristath

I want it to be accessible without people logging in

You can already do that in the plugin settings. Users will be required to simply enter their username and an email address and they'll be able to chat.

hopefully in the future you can set option so if site admin is not online to maintain conversion they have option to send and email or put an option so we can add a redirect to contact page link there, hopefully that would be less work for you.

You can already simply leave a session open and the users will be able to continue chatting. Hopever there is currently no option to notify admins of these chats or redirect to a contact page.
    I have marked this as a feature request and notified the plugin developer about it.

2. When I view my site mobile even though I am not logged in it shows chat content on mobile screen and not offering any option to dismiss it. It also doesnt show the entry box portion so cant type nothing in it. When you try to scroll or touch screen it scrolls background layer behind the chat and doesnt accept any touch screen option that is accepted by the pop out chat itself,

You'll probably have to write some custom CSS to make the chats work nicely on mobile... that depends partially on the theme you're using.

3. What if I wanted it not to show convo? In order not to burden the server with extra uneeded past chat sessions I would prefer for it to clear/reset when chat session is done.

You can manually clear chats before closing your session (see attached screenshot).

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Jo

Seriously, not disrespect intended to anyone. When I stumbled upon WPMU I thought I hit the holy grail of resources and I did. I guess the way I expect things worked based on your demo videos is far different than how they work in installing them.

First of all. If I didnt know nothing about coding all the suggestion you presented left me with no where to go and doesnt really fix any of my concerns. I will simply have to uninstall the app and wait until maybe later when there are some more improvements made as presently doesnt solve much of my needs.

I do not want to have to go and do lots of extra work tailoring things I hoped an option in your settings would fix.Why would I want to manually clear a chat each time a conversation is done? I have used many chats and you have option to email the chat session to yourself or you can simply start a chat session without putting a username and email to get on. And you just ask your question.

I think the part that annoys me most presently is that on the mobile it just sits there like an eye sore without you being able to click on it.
    I want general public to be able to ask a question without having to log in. If I am running a high traffic site, should I be expected to clear a chat session each time?

I hope you understand that this is just me sharing my concerns as to how this app works or doesnt work for me.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.