I have 4 sites: A main landing area, and 3 separate sites

I have 4 sites: A main landing area, and 3 separate sites for kids in a school system - elementary, middle and high school. I want a user to be able to register for one site but not be able to see the other sites' content. But a year from now, some of the kids from elementary will need to move to middle school. As of right now, even if I put the student in the middle school site manually, they get an error message (Site Access Denied). Plus, this page redirects so no one can register anyway. http://highlineschools.net/middle/register

I was in the live chat ... no resolution. Also I had to uninstall the WPMU dashboard because of issues with getting stuck on the network privacy settings page.

• Alexander

Hi @Susan,

I'm not quite sure what would cause this. Would it be ok if I logged in to take a look? This might be easiest. If this is ok, just send login information through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Choose "I have a different question"
    - Include my name in the subject "Alexander Rohmann"
    - Include a link back to this thread
    - Include any relevant login information

Best regards,

• Alexander

Hi @Susan,

Just wanted to followup here. Regarding the issue where you are redirected as network admin, I've actually not seen the issue you presented. I'm going to mention this to the developer to see if he can assist here. This might be affecting the settings actually being applied, which could play into the other issues.

@S H Mohanjith, I will pass the email over to you so you can see what I'm referring to.

Regarding your second issue about the registration page. This happens because you've set privacy settings to prevent users from accessing the site unless they already have an account. This affects all pages including the register page. So now nobody can access that site unless they are added as a subscriber by the administrator.

You can't have open registration, and use privacy settings to stop viewers from accessing the site. This would be self defeating, as the users could just subscribe to the other blog.

In this case, you might consider having an additional site that you use for signups. Then from admin you can add those existing users to the other sites as needed.

Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.