I have a client who has sent me the brief below. he also

Hi,

I have a client who has sent me the brief below. he also wants the site to have a retail arm. I was interested in whether you could suggest a theme that will be suitable for this? Please see below.

"We need the site to be fully interactive, exactly like facebook, with the ability for us to post upload our videos, pictures and for fans to comment on them as individual posts like facebook, with each post having the ability for the fans to then like, comment and be able to share our content to their facebook book pages, twitter pages, which in turn will mean they are promoting our website by them sharing our stuff. People should have to register to use it, meaning we can also remove people if necessary. But this is important its like facebook so the users get it immediately and know whats it about.

The retail side just needs to be an online shop allowing people to purchase our good similar to what we have now, but looking far more professional obviously

The Football news section again is to be like a facebook style feed, again with ability to share to users social media accounts

I think an additional password protected section for vip members only would be great with a no hold barred approach – but again same lay out

there could also be pages for enquiry submissions, premier league fixtures and league tables and results, podcasts, online radio, which i can add down the line if there is a page for it.

It is vital i have the ability to add my staff as individual users and they have staff login with varying roles, from mangers to admins to moderators.

But the design needs to look fresh, sharp and like facebook, sport lobster, sports yapper – but most importantly the user ability needs to be like facebook as its a real time banter chat thing that allows sharing etc"

All your help is much appreciated.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Studio3creative,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question!

You might want to take a look at our Social theme https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/buddypress-social-theme/ and BuddyPress, though our theme isn't responsive, that would currently require custom coding.

But apart from that, there isn't really a theme out there that wouldn't handle this and to be honest if there was I wouldn't recommend using a theme would those sort of features, as more than likely it'll conflict.

I'd personally look for a good responsive theme that is compatible with BuddyPress, and then use BuddyPress as the core functionality.

It depends if they want it to function exactly like Facebook, if they do, they'll need a lot of custom development to get there, if they don't BuddyPress with it's status updates, friends and messaging, should get them pretty close, would needing thousands of dollars in custom development work.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.