Marketpress pictures

I have a couple of points to bring up that I hope you can help with.

I'm using Marketpress on one of my sites and the picture quality in the display picture is very low and bitty. When I use the same picture in the Learndash course software I'm also using it is a good quality output. They are jpeg images.
Is there anything I can do to improve the quality in of the pictures in the Marketpress plugin?

I also tried to upload png images to the main media part of wordpress and every time it fails to load and be saved in the media section. Any ideas as to why it fails?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Rupok

Hi Tony,

the picture quality in the display picture is very low and bitty

So sorry to hear the inconvenience. MarketPress use thumbnails of your images you upload in the media library. To make the image sharp, can you please go to "Dashboard > Store Settings > Presentation" section and scroll down to "Product Page Settings" box? There you will get "Image Size" option. From the drop-down, select "Large". Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

Then save settings. After that, scroll more down to "Product List/Grid Settings" box and again select "Large" from the "Image Size" option again and save. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

I believe this will resolve your picture quality issue.

I also tried to upload png images to the main media part of WordPress and every time it fails to load and be saved in the media section

I'm sorry but I'm not exactly sure about the issue. Did you mean that when you try to upload png image for a product, that image is being stored in your media library but not loading in product page in front-end? Or your media library show that an image is there but the icon is broken?

Can you please send little more details on this so we can understand this better? We can give you the proper solution if we are clear about the issue.

Please send us more details. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Tony

Thank you for your reply Rupok.
    The quality of the pictures are now perfect and I now know how to do it in the future so thank you so much again.

The other point I did not make clear enough in the last post refers to png images.

I try to up load them to the Media section of the WP instalation (to be used in various places on the site). They start to upload and then fail in doing so. It looks like about 15% loads and then cuts out on the upload and says "http error" and clears the attempted upload from the media storage area.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong, or does WP not take png images?

Kind regards

Tony

Kasia Swiderska

Hello Tony,

WordPress does accept png images. I tested now with Smush and latest WordPress and I can upload pngs without problem.

Does this happen with different png images or one particular? If with more different images we should first try to exclude plugin conflict. Please run a quick plugin conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart). Let me know how it goes.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

if there will be no positive results Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

kind regards,
    Kasia

Tony

Thank you for your help Kasia.
    I eventually found a problem with the png pictures I was trying to up load that was (I think) caused by the software I was using to create them.
    I did run through the turning off the plugins one by one, even though it was not the problem, you have shown me something to run through before asking next time, so thanks .
    This thread is now resolved.
    Warm thanks to you both
    Tony