I have a customer who wants to sort products by color

I have a customer who wants to sort products by color and price, etc in marketpress. Do you have a plugin for that. Not sure how to fix it.

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi Walt

You can use shortcode to display products ordered by price or other attributes, here’s the example of the shortcode :

[mp_list_products] – Displays a list of products according to preference. Optional attributes default to the values in Presentation Settings -> Product List.

Optional Attributes:

“paginate” – Whether to paginate the product list. This is useful to only show a subset.

“page” – The page number to display in the product list if “paginate” is set to true.

“per_page” – How many products to display in the product list if “paginate” is set to true.

“order_by” – What field to order products by. Can be: title, date, ID, author, price, sales, rand (random).

“order” – Direction to order products by. Can be: DESC, ASC

“category” – Limits list to a specific product category. Use the category Slug

“tag” – Limits list to a specific product tag. Use the tag Slug

“list_view” – 1 for list view, 0 (default) for grid view

Example: [mp_list_products paginate=”true” page=”1″ per_page=”10″ order_by=”price” order=”DESC” category=”downloads”]

“filters” – 1 to show product filters, 0 to not show filters

You can find other shortcodes that maybe useful on Products – Store Settings – Shortcode

Let me know if you need anything else :slight_smile:

Best Regards.

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi Walt

It’s not showing at all on the page or just not ordered correctly ? If it’s not showing at all maybe it’s conflicted by others plugins. If it’s the case you can try disable all plugins but MarketPress and see if it’s showing you the products list.

Let me know the result :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Walt
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

If you go to http://client177.waltcomputers.com/store it doesnt show the products at all

But the code on my store page is as follows:

[mp_dropdown_categories]

Welcome to our online store! Feel free to browse around:

[mp_store_navigation]

Check out our most popular products:

[mp_popular_products]

Browse by category:

[mp_list_categories]

Browse by tag:

[mp_tag_cloud]

If you go to http://client177.waltcomputers.com/store/natural-stone-veneer it shows only natural stone veneer

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi Walt

This http://client177.waltcomputers.com/store is automatically create by MarketPress and used as base URL so you can’t change the content. Try the shortcode on other page or create new one :slight_smile:

And I check this url : http://client177.waltcomputers.com/store/natural-stone-veneer it show me some product categories not only “Natural Stone Veneer” text.

Keep me updated with the result :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Walt
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

No no no I need the specific filename so I can manually go in via ftp and edit them to customize them for these:

Store Base

Products List

Shopping Cart Page

Product Category

in other words like collection-list-page.php is the page for collection list. I need that information.

• Walt
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi,

It appears you can not sort by color AND category. The customer picks the category which gives all in that category. I want to fine tune that now by color as well.

If I do:

[mp_list_products paginate=’true’ page=’1′ per_page=’10’ tag=’blue’ category=’blocky’ order=’DESC’]

it bombs.

I can do by tag OR by category. I need to do by tag AND category.

Why does it sound like this cant be done ???? Where in the dB table or tables is this information kept ???

I need to know a solution please.

Thanks,

Walt

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi Walt

Sorry for trouble here :slight_frown:

The shortcode only support one field sorting you can’t use OR neither AND. So you need to have custom code to be able sort by both fields.

And you can find the table of category and term here :

{prefix}_mp_terms -> it’s for master category/terms

{prefix}_mp_term_relationships -> this table mapped relationship between product and cat/term

Let me know if you need anything else :slight_smile:

Best Regards

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.