I have a few questions on WooCommerce (especially since WordPress/Automattic bought them):

Hey folks,

I have a few questions on WooCommerce (especially since WordPress/Automattic bought them):

1. Is it possible to only load the plugin on specific pages so it does not bog down the rest the of the site?

2. On individual products when there is 0 qty available at the moment, can it easily prompt the visitor to right then and there be put on a mailing list to contact them once there are qtys available in the future?

3. Has the speed of WooCommerce been vastly improved since the Automattic acquisition and run even more seamless with WP (so that one does not really even have to worry about bloat as much as before)?

4. Does WooCommerce conflict with ANY of WPMUDEVs plugins? If so, which, why, and will it be fixed soon?

:slight_smile:

Greg

• Sajid

Hi Greg ,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

1. Is it possible to only load the plugin on specific pages so it does not bog down the rest the of the site?

It is not possible out of the box. However, you can disable any plugin on any page/post using the Plugin Organizer plugin.

2. On individual product when there is 0 qty available at thed moment, can it easily prompt the visitor to right then and there be put on a mailing list to contact them once there are qtys available in the future?

As far as I know, there is no way to do this out of the box. However, it is highly extendable and you can add the forms yourself via code. That is unfortunately beyond the level of support we can provide here. So you have to find a plugin that does something like this or hire a developer to this job for you from jobs board.

3. Has the speed of WooCommerce been vastly improved since the Automattic acquisition and run even more seamless with WP (so that one does not really even have to worry about bloat as much as before)?

Although WooCommerce were already robust but I am sure there has really been improved after acquisition, and being officially part of Automattic. I remember, Matt mentioned in a interview after acquisition that there engineers will make this plugin more robust in collaboration with existing devs.

However, I have not monitored it myself neither could found any trusted article that I can quote here.

4. Does WooCommerce conflict with ANY of WPMUDEVs plugins? If so, which, why, and will it be fixed soon?

We have not reported any known issues or conflicts with our plugins yet. I have used it on many of our plugins on my test site neither I noticed any issue. So, I can safely say that should work with all our plugins. But if you found any issues/conflicts with our plugins then do let us know and we will definitely come up with a fix/solution.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.