I have a forum with WPSymposium. You can find an example

I have a forum with WPSymposium. You can find an example here (it is not in the menu/not live yet for users) http://restministries.com/tutorials-about-the-sunroom/

I am trying to figure out a way to put some extra spacing between "Started by Lisa, RM Director 22 hours ago" and the beginning of the post which is "Want to share a video from YouTube? It's easy! You ju..."

it blends together and is not easy to read (especially for my audience with cognitive challenges and vision challenges.)

Any ideas? I see it as all being part of .wps_forum_title_classic_content so am not sure what to do. (screenshot attached for more detail if needed)

If you are part of the DPMUDEV team, i do have access granted in my dashboard.

thanks!

• Patrick

Hi there @Lis

I hope you're having a great day!

This sounds like a job for the ::first-line pseudo-element.

I logged into your site and added the following to your custom CSS area under Appearance:
    .wps_forum_title_classic_content::first-line {font-style:italic; line-height:2.5em;}

That makes the first line italic, and creates a little gap between the rest of the post body thanks to the line-height declaration

Go ahead and tweak it until you're happy with the results. Be aware that margins & padding won't work with ::first-line, but these will:

font properties
    color properties
    background properties
    word-spacing
    letter-spacing
    text-decoration
    vertical-align
    text-transform
    line-height
    clear

Please let us know if this helps, and don't hesitate to post again if you need to.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.