I have a hosting reseller account. I have about a dozen

I have a hosting reseller account.
I have about a dozen clients websites and growing.
I create a cPanel/FTP account for them, and do fresh WordPress installs for each account. I do not use MultiSite, so far I am scared of MultiSite as I have no experience with it.

I thought ProSites might help with this, so I wanted to ask a question from my dashboard. But I had to install ProSites before I could ask (using WPMU Dev dashboard). Then I realised its for multisite only.

QUESTION 1
How to remove ProSites?
It says in the WPMU Dev dashboard that's it's installed but I can't see it in my normal plugins folder.

QUESTION 2
I want to track when all my hosting accounts were created, and when their annual hosting bill is due. Maybe I should just do this on a spreadsheet?

If ProSites isn't for this purpose, can you suggest another way to do this?

Thank you

• Zyniker
    • WordPress Warrior

ProSites works by allowing you to sell upgrades on a WordPress MultiSite network. If you want to use single-site WordPress installs to manage your client accounts (which seems to be your goal), you are going to need to use something other than ProSites (as it is not particularly suited to that setup). The easiest thing for you to do would probably be simply to create an order form and have it generate a recurring bill via PayPal or some other transaction processor.

As for the location of ProSites, it should be located in /wp-content/plugins/. Are you sure there is no folder named "pro-sites" in that directory?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

QUESTION 1
    How to remove ProSites?
    It says in the WPMU Dev dashboard that's it's installed but I can't see it in my normal plugins folder.

If you tried installing it Via WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin it would not be installed if you are not running Multisite. However as Zyniker kindly suggested above, you can check in your wp-content/plugins folder to see if you see any folder for pro-sites

QUESTION 2
    I want to track when all my hosting accounts were created, and when their annual hosting bill is due. Maybe I should just do this on a spreadsheet?

If you are not planning an exponential growth, a spreadsheet is fine, but if you need more granular control on the hosting accounts, you should use WHMCS : http://www.whmcs.com/

Prosites is not made for the purpose of cPanel accounts. Its just a plugin which allows you to sell subsites on your WordPress multisite network with access to different plugins and themes on different levels

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Design-KInk
    • Flash Drive

Thanks both of you, sorry for my late reply.

As usual, I was being stupid, I had not installed ProSites, somehow in my WPMU dashboard I managed to install the plug-in above it, and kept looking at it like I had ProSites installed, which I didn't. The active plug-in was in the plug-ins folder as expected.

Thanks for the advice re: invoicing tools.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.