I have a mac nd downloaded the dashboard and nothing happened

What do I do seeing that nothing happened when i downloaded the dashboard?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @jason

Welcome to the forums!

When you downloaded the zip file to your computer, does it appear in the download history of your browser?

Is it perhaps located in a folder you did not specify?

Would you please try again, but this time right-click and select “Save As” so you can specify exactly where the file should be downloaded to.

• Jason
    • Flash Drive

I downloaded the file, but was really not sure what to do next actually. The file is called, wpmudev-updates.

It included php stuff etc and I just do not know what to do next. I don’t think my computer can run php, so…

Thanks for the quick response.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

@jason

I don't think my computer can run php, so…

Quite right! The plugin must be uploaded to your WordPress site.

You can upload it to your site via the WordPress plugin installer. In your wp-admin, go to Plugins > Add New, then click the "Upload" link at the top of the screen (1st screenshot).

From there, you can browse to the zip folder you just downloaded, and upload it to your site (2nd screenshot). Be sure to upload the zipped folder though.

Once activated on your site (or network-activated if you are running a multisite install of WordPress), you will see a "Get your free API key" screen when you visit the WPMU DEV menu for the first time (3rd screenshot).

Click the link where it says "Already a member? Click here" (4th screenshot).

Once logged in, you can then access all the WPMU DEV goodies right from your site! (5th screenshot).

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.