I have a Multi-Network + Multi-Site w/ Subdomains installation & my subdomains aren't &quot

First & foremost, I'd like to thank you for your help, time and consideration in advance. I have been unsuccessfully working on getting this installation "up" for almost a year. (SMH- I'm so ashamed it took me this long to ask for help. :disappointed:)

Originally, neither the multinetwork or multisite worked for me. I used the power of Google & the WP site to find others who had the same problems and step-by-step eventually got the multi-network part "working".

My problem is that when I create a subdomain (on any of my networks)- I can not access the site or dashboard for the subdomain site. When I try to visit the subdomain or its dashboard, I receive a "404 Error File Not Found" error.

I have BlueHost & had them enable my wildcard. Also, I changed my domains from "add-on" to "parked" *(this is what made my multi-network actually start to work...). I've tried several plugins, several WP code changes, and have started over with a "fresh" install at least 2-3x's.

I don't know what else to do to make this work. Can you help me?

My wpconfig is:
define('MULTISITE', true);
define('SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', true);
define('DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'mydomainname.com');
define('PATH_CURRENT_SITE', '/');
define('SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1);
define('BLOG_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1);

My htacces is:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

# uploaded files
RewriteRule ^files/(.+) wp-includes/ms-files.php?file=$1 [L]

# add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
RewriteRule ^wp-admin$ wp-admin/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^ - [L]
RewriteRule ^(wp-(content|admin|includes).*) $1 [L]
RewriteRule ^(.*\.php)$ $1 [L]
RewriteRule . index.php [L]

• Ivan
    • HummingBird

Hey there Teedub,

Hope you are we ll today.

This seems to me like domain DNS problem.

When you make the wildcard subdomain, you've got to make sure the root or directory is the same directory as the root of your Network Main site.

As it seems to me you have wildcards on this domains, they just don't point to the correct directory on your WordPress install. Most probably they should point to /home1/supereba/public_html/

Have you tried contacting BlueHost after they set up the wildcat and explain them what are you trying to achieve?

Thanks,
    Ivan

• teedub
    • New Recruit

Hey, Ivan... I hope you are having a great day.

YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!

Yes, I went through several chat session & phone calls with BlueHost about this situation and they even tagged my account to send it to some other department to see if I could even use my hosting account to setup multi-network/multi-site installation with shared hosting.

Eventually they "cleared" my account and said that everything was setup on their end for me to proceed and they assisted me with changing my directories... So they told me to set it up that way... But I changed it & now it works.

Thank you... thank you... thank you!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.