I have a multi site where users will be able to edit their

I have a multi site where users will be able to edit their profiles, but I'd like to limit their options. I'd like to remove the following fields from my user profile options:
1) Visual Editor
2) Admin color scheme.
3) Keyboard shortcuts.
4) Shipping information.
5) Website (Under Contact Info)
6) Billing info since I'll be selling digital products. Perhaps only keeping the email address and full name. I plan to enable PayPal chained payments in the next couple days.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Tony

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

There is no such plugin that will do these job. You need to add custom code to hide this options.

Visual editor - do you mean the editor for post/page etc? You want to hide the visual part only or text part too?

Keyboard Shortcuts - I don't think it's possible, though I will look for this as well.

Shipping information & 6) - Which e-commerce plugin you are using?

Website - Is the field in Users > Your Profile section?

Please let us know.

Cheers
    Ash

• Tony
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Ash,

When I login as a test user and click on "Profile" I see Visual Editor, Keyboard Shortcuts, and Shipping Information. I'd like to get rid of these fields.

I'm using Marketpress, but I've also installed Easy Blogging as well as many other plugins offered by WPMU.

Thank you,

Tony

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Tony,

Items 1), 2) & 3) can be removed by using this piece of code:

function hide_personal_options(){
    echo "\n" . '<script type="text/javascript">jQuery(document).ready(function($) { $(\'form#your-profile > h3:first\').hide(); $(\'form#your-profile > table:first\').hide(); $(\'form#your-profile\').show(); });</script>' . "\n";
    }
    add_action('admin_head','hide_personal_options');

You can turn this code into a mu-plugin:

http://www.newnine.com/learn/how-to-create-a-wordpress-mu-plugin

As for 4), 5) & 6) though, you'd have to craft some custom code for that, or have someone on our Jobs Board craft that for you:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.