I have a multisite installation installed on shared hosting

I have a multisite installation installed on shared hosting with Servage. I have a dedicated ip for the domain ant the domain open up fine (basichost.dk). But the two subdomains I have created opens mainsite and not the subdomain.

I have created two subdomains shop.basichost.dk and tvafesa.basichost.dk and they both open, but it's the mainsite that show up.

I have set up my dns with and A record like this *.basichost.dk.

I've had it working earlier, but something went wrong setting up domain mapping so I started over deleted all the files and database and set a new multisite up from schratch and now this happens.
Any help would be appreciated.

• Michael
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi aristath and thanks for your quick response. I have added the changes to my .htaccess file. It looks like this:

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

# add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
    RewriteRule ^wp-admin$ wp-admin/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^ - [L]
    RewriteRule ^(wp-(content|admin|includes).*) $1 [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*\.php)$ $1 [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]

• Kingdom Studios
    • The Bug Hunter

@Michael,

You may not want to hear this, but you may want to start from scratch again. Since you have just recently already done this, you will not have lost much work. I had to setup 3 times when I first started. Each time, I learned something new about how things integrated. I have found the instructions to be accurate and I used a subdomain structure as well.

This is only my opinion. I hope it helps and saves you time in the long run.

Regards,

Martin

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @Michael,
    I'm sorry for the delay on this post, I just had a day off and just saw your replies now.
    Starting over is unfortunately a necessary evit in some cases.
    Please make sure that you don't create your site using an automated installed like fantastico or anything similar. Instead install WordPress manually. It takes no more than 5 minutes and over the years I've seen automated installers cause issues that could have been avoided just by spending 5 more minutes when you start.

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.