I have a multisite installation using GEO Theme Child Theme

I wish to create a new site and import all the information from the existing site except the Places (although I could delete those after the event).

Basically, same site design to be created. Al that will change is the main location and places within that location.

Tried using Tools - > Import but that failed.

Please advise the best way of doing this as there may be several hundred to do.

Regards
Tim

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Tim,

If you want to do exact copy of the subsite you could use our plugin Snaphsot https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/ to make it. After creating new Snapshot of the subsite you can restore it in the second subsite.
    The export/import WordPress tool allows you only copy content of the subsite - if you need to copy themes and plugin settings then you need plugin like Snapshot.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Tim
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi there

I'm trying to ue your plugin Snapshot but when Network Activated it's not appearing on the sites. I managed to add it to the site I wish to clone but when I add it to the target site, when I go to plugins to add Snapshot there is no Add New button.

Can someone log in and take a look at the multisite setup please as it doesn't appear to be working properly.

Regards
    Tim

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Tim,

When the Snapshot is network activated it shows only on the Network Admin. When you create new Snaphot there, you will have option from what subsite create it.
    After you create it click restore (you will have to click twice). Then you will see options for restore blog with red sign "You can restore the backup to a different blog within your Multisite environment. Note: The destination blog MUST already exist." - and you will be able to restore it in new blog.
    But every action with Snapshot you have to do in the Network Admin.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.