I have a multiuser website in development (cocoshops.org)

I have a multiuser website in development but when the front end user tries to setup their own subsite, it takes them directly to the backend dashboard instead of giving them a few simple steps to upload their product pics for sale on their site. I installed the wordpress user frontend plugin, but it doesnt fix the issue.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

• Kingdom Studios
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey @Jessica,

Welcome to WPMU DEV and the forum. Glad you are here!

It sounds like you have a blended solution. Can you tell me more about what you are trying to accomplish? Are you looking to have others add products to cocoshops.org or truly have them setup a separate website for them to be selling completely different products?

Regards,

Martin

• be
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi@Jessica

I see you have Multisite, prosites and marketpress using Gridmarket.

Could you please advise what "front end" plugin and what you were hoping for it to achieve.

Multisites by nature allow new subsites to be their own admin so will normally take them to their own admin backend when they login to manage their own site..

If you want to limit or streamline exactly what they can see backend you can utlitse something like easy blogging
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/easy-blogging/
    Which will allow you to disable things you don't want subsites to deal with and leave a base set of things that they can..

• Jessica
    • New Recruit

Thanks for your response. I'm trying to build a site where users can set up their own shops and sell their products (etsy style). I want to make it simple for the vendor to add their products but having them directed to the backend dashboard makes it to complicated. I added the plug in WPFront end user but there were no changes. Is there a tutorial available so I can see if I missed something.

• be
    • WP Core Meltdown

are you referring to
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-user-frontend/
    If so this will not function as you had hoped for subsites because they are all each their own individual administrator of their own stores and receive payment etc..

Can you advise
    Are you wanting to
    1 - force new stores to have the same template/look
    2 - use chained payments
    3 - each store is being paid for their own items
    4 - limit what the store owners have access to.

Note if you want each store separate there is a set of options open to you.
    If you want lots of separate users to add products to one store only (ie not having individual stores) there are different options (note this can be tricky in so far as payments go)

• Kingdom Studios
    • The Bug Hunter

You have a pretty ambitious project on your hands.

I believe @be has touched on a direction for you. In order to make things easy for the sellers and keep the integrity of your site, you will need to create a template for a one page website for those sellers. You will want to have them use their backend and in order to make it as simple as possible, you may want to use Easy Blogging. There are role manager plugins that will allow you to limit their abilities to just what you want them to be able to change. Your primary website will then link to all of the pages that are created by the sellers. The consistency of the templates should make it so that the products pages appear to be a part or your cohesive site.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Martin

• Jessica
    • New Recruit

Thanks for the replies. This week I added easy blogging and so far has allowed me to minimize how much the new user has access to. Just what I wanted to do! Thanks!

My next issue is that I can't seem to get an "Add Products" menu item to take. I've used 'edit.php?post_type=product' for the url and 'post_type' for the capability per instructions from this thread:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/easy-blog-add-menu-items

I have looked for a place where I can allow users to add products, but no luck so far. Any suggestions?

• be
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi Jessica,
    It can seem a bit daunting but once you get the hang of the paths and what each does it will all come together.
    (sometimes old threads have old solutions as things change)
    To allow users to deal with their own store products the path will be as per screen.
    Easy blogging >Menu Items.

It is a bit tricky because you have to go back and forth a bit, (you only get one go) but if it is not right you delete and make a new one..
    So you have to create add icon etc...
    Then SAVE
    Then go BACK and check that box so the menu item is available to whichever ROLE you have assigned it to..

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.