I have a problem with 'h2' floating on subsites.

Hello!
I have a problem with 'h2' floating on subsites. On the main site of the network it's ok but on subsites 'h2' has 'float: left' so it looks not well (see screenshot). Any ideas?

• Eugene
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello!

Yes, sure! The problem is on 2 pages: Appearence > Custom background (/wp-admin/themes.php?page=custom-background) and Appearence > Custom header (/wp-admin/themes.php?page=custom-header).

The problem is that these pages use the following css class:
    .themes-php .wrap h2 {
    float: left;
    margin-bottom: 15px;
    }

and main site use another css class (without floating):
    .wrap h2 {
    font-size: 23px;
    font-weight: 400;
    padding: 9px 15px 4px 0;
    line-height: 29px;
    }

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

so I guess this is unique to that theme then? I do not have those options with the theme I have, each theme is different.

You could use a plugin such as http://wordpress.org/plugins/my-custom-css/

Or with Ultimate Branding plugin, you can use the adminCSS module.

Then just set

.themes-php .wrap ht {
        float: none !important;
    }

I'm unsure as to how this is caused by Multisite theme manager though. It's a little ambiguous. Does this happen if you disable the theme manager plugin?

Thanks

• Eugene

The problem is not with only one theme but with all themes which have custom background and custom header options. For example you can try "Twenty Fourteen" to see it.
    I don't think that changing css by myself is a good idea because I don't know where else this css is used and can broke some other pages.
    I deactivated practically all plugins for subsites and tried different themes but I don't want to deactivate your plugin because I'm afraid that the settings of the plugin would be lost when I'll reactivate it...

• Eugene

And some more question about this plugin please.

1. I've made translation of the plugin into my language but I can not translate the word "Only" which appears when a client want to choose the theme which is for premium tariff (not for his current tariff) - see screenshot (for example "Premium Only":wink:. How can I translate this word?

2. Is it possible to open custom theme link in a new window (with target="_blank":wink:?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @eugene,

#1 I believe this would be part of the pro-sites plugin translation, not the theme manager plugin.

#2 This would require custom code and would be overwritten on every plugin update, so it wouldn't be feasible. I'll need to ask the developer about that.

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @eugene,

I hope you are well today.

Look like the staff access has expired. Can you please send in:

- Mark to my attention - ATTN: Hoang Ngo
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Thanks!!.

So I can do more investigate :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Hoang Ngo

• Eugene

Hello!

Unfortunately I'm not authorized to dive the access to the network, sorry. But I can send you HTML, CSS or other information to test it. Could you please test it in your WP installation? Vaughan wrote in this thread (above): "You are correct tho, the theme manager plugin does adjust the CSS on those pages between the main site & the subsite." - maybe he'll be able to see the problem again.

Thank you!

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Eugene,

I hope you are well today.

If so, any changes for the staff access enable please. That will better for me if I can see the issue in action of your site :slight_smile:.

For enable support staff login, please check WPMU DEV dashboard > support > support access > grant access.

Thanks!!!.

Best regards,
    Hoang Ngo

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Eugene,

1. I've made translation of the plugin into my language but I can not translate the word "Only" which appears when a client want to choose the theme which is for premium tariff (not for his current tariff) - see screenshot (for example "Premium Only"). How can I translate this word?

Which plugin have you translated? the Multisite Theme Manager plugin?

I don't understand what is that text in your shared screenshot, could you please share me the screenshot in English language if you can. You can just translate the page in English temporary using Google chrome browser translation tool.

2. Is it possible to open custom theme link in a new window (with target="_blank")?

Are you talking about the theme link defined in the style.css file which gets displayed on the themes screen( Share screenshot of it if you can ) ?

Please advise.

Kind Regards.,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Eugene

Hi Vinod,

Just to clarify the situation (I asked 3 questions in one theme and it makes a little mess):

1. Translation issue (how to translate the word "Only":wink: - resolved (Vaughan was right and it was a part of Pro Sites translation). So never mind.

2. Open a link into a new tab. I mean a single theme page (which opens in pop-up when clicking one of the themes on site.com/wp-admin/themes.php?page=multisite-theme-manager.php - screenshot 45.png - sorry, it's not English but hope you'll understand which link I mean because the structure of the page is the same in all languages). We define this link when editing plugin details (see screenshot 55.png).

3. The main question - problem with h2 floating. You can see the problem on the first screenshot in this theme (or visit on your installation Appearence > Custom background (/wp-admin/themes.php?page=custom-background) and Appearence > Custom header (/wp-admin/themes.php?page=custom-header)).

Hope now it's more clear :slight_smile: Ask me please if not.

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @Eugene,

I just have an idea about the floating issue. Can you please add this code
    <div style="clear:both"></div>
    After the html output of the large header and before the smaller text, which wrong float now.

This issue cause is because both header and the smaller text look like display inline, so when you float it, it still display inline. Add the div like that will make it have separate line, and it should fix. :slight_smile:

That's just my guess, because I can not see the html, but that the common case for this issue.

Please give it a try and let us update :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Hoang Ngo

• Eugene

Hello!

Thank you for the advice. As I understand I shoudl add this 'div' into the code of admin pages (like 'custom background', 'custom header' and so on). So when WP is updated this code will be deleted. And I'll have to remember about it and to add this code every time when WP is updated. Is there any other solution?

And I do want (very much) the author of the plugin pay some attention for this theme and answer me. I hope he can help with this. :slight_smile:

Regards, Eugene.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Eugene,

I have tested it on my test site using latest version of Multisite Theme Manager plugin & the Easy Blogging plugin and i found its' working fine without any issue as displayed in the attached screenshot.

Please advise.

Try clearing your browser cache or using different browser.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Eugene

Hello Vinod!

Thank you for the answer and for tests! I've tested it in different browsers and found that the problem is only in Google Chrome. Could you please test it in Google Chrome? If it's ok for you the problem is only in my browser and that's not important.

Regards, Eugene.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.