i have a question.

Hi,
i have a question. Is it possible to configure the Pay Per View Plugin in a way that it does not require a Payment and does not redirect to PayPal?

I need a Plugin that includes a "Login to read more" function on every post after 150 words. I have tried your Membership 2 Plugin. It looks good but it does not include the functionality i need. Or i have not been able to find the functionality i need.

Do you have a solution or a recommendation for another plugin.

Thank you and kind regards
Andreas

• Fabio Fava

Hello Andreas

First of all I've never used Membership2 so I can't say anything about it.

The plugin I use and really love is Paid Memberships Pro. The free version (I've used for more than 1 year until I felt the paid version was worthy to have, and never regret) is 100% functional, and only some (key) extensios designed to interact with other WordPress tools, will require a year-based license (for update & support, if you don't renew the version you have will still work).

On my personal website - fabiofava.com - the crucial final content pages (the site is about my paraglider/parachute safety training system) depends on a (free) subscription, and other (monthly) plans will include a series of services that I provide to my clients.

Give it a try: they offer a series of Tutorials on setting it up, and it's pretty intuitive as you follow the videos you'll set your Membership Site in a short time. At some point you'll need extending its functionalities, and some extensions are premium and require a membership with them. Also some testing and a nice-short learning curve. Support is ok but not the best-ever (that's their weak point), but I may be able to help you in some things. Their documentation is quite good and they seem to be working on that since a few months.

At my current point, I'm starting up a WordPress Managed Cloud Hosting Platform in Brasil, so I currently have a 10-sites year-license, that is being worthy until now. As more of my clients implement Membership Sites on one of my Multisites (I manage a Multi Network Install), then I go for the Unlimited License when its time comes.

Hope it helps, hit me back if you have any further questions on PMPro (I'm NOT affiliated, just a regular customer that really likes their product and the direction they're taking).

Cheers!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Andreas,##1

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The Pay Per View plugin can only give access to the content after a payment is made, it's its main purpose.

However, the Membership 2 Pro should let you achieve that. First, after installing it you would want to go to "Membership 2 -> Memberships" page where you can create a free membership of type "Default". This is the kind of membership that users do not even have to sign up for - it covers all the registered users that are not members of any other membership.

Alternatively, you can create a free "Standard" type membership and the difference would be that users would have to sign up for it. You could then also create more memberships (e.g. paid) to use various access protection depending on content.

Regardless of which of these membership types you'd go for, the next and most important step here is protection. Assuming that you want to protect only a part of selected posts/pages, you can achieve it in two ways:

1. You can simply wrap a part of content in membership shortcodes

[ms-protect-content id="123"] YOUR CONTENT HERE [/ms-protect-content]

where "123" should be replaced with an ID of a membership that you want to use. This way, the post would be accessible for everyone but non-logged in users would only see the part of it that's not within the shortcode. They'd have to login and would see the rest of the post after that.

2. More automated way would be to use native WP "more" tag. On "Membership 2 -> Protection Rules" there's a "Comments & More Tag" section where you can add the membership to the "Hide "read more" content.

Then, in WP editor you can use "more" tag ("Insert Read More tag" icon in WP post/page editor) and the content after that tag would then only be available to the members of that membership.

If you have any additional questions on this, let me know please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.